Français
smulcaster@gmail.com

UFile program won't open after update

Same Problem here.

I purchased over the internet, downloaded from your website directly.

Now that I have my families tax returns put into it....... it will not open for the 2nd year in a row :(

Help me please....

Please try the following steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer (WindowsKey + E)
  2. In the address bar, type: %localappdata%\Thomson_Reuters_DT_Tax_an
  3. Press ENTER
  4. Delete all impotexpert.exe_* and ufile.exe_* folders found in %localappdata%\Thomson_Reuters_DT_Tax_an
  5. Start UFile 2018 again

Thank you so much.  This is the first real technical problem that I have had with Ufile and I have found out that there is no real support.  Except for you guys.

I tried this and it didn't work.  There are no impotexpert.exe files.  Ufile is still not working. The update. Any other suggestions. 

I bought this at Staples loaded it.  Updated, did four tax returns, started a fifth for my daughter and when I went to access the system again it won't open.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing.

ok I got it started again, did one tax return and then checked for updates. closed the program and when I came back to finish the program wouldn't open.

"Ufile has stopped working" a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will closed program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have been using this software for years and this is the first time this has happened.  Very disappointing.

Uninstalled and re-installed seemed to work, Now I get a message saying I can file Netfile  until after February 18, 2019 and to return after that date to file. It April 6 2019. Help

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, TJW said:

Same Problem here.

I purchased over the internet, downloaded from your website directly.

Now that I have my families tax returns put into it....... it will not open for the 2nd year in a row :(

Help me please....

UFile support has been utterly useless in helping me resolve the same issue. I have completed my returns by using their UFile 2018 Online. The trouble with that is that I cannot print or netfile the return until I pay UFile a second time for the program. I have asked them how to avoid paying twice. Ufile has yet to respond!!!