Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If the bank has your non-Canadian address, and it seems they do because you received an NR4 tax slip, there is no additional reporting needed to CRA. The bank will have already withheld the amount of 'withholding tax' due....if any.  If you are located in the USA, there is no withholding tax on bank interest. Of course, you must still report the interest income elsewhere, e.g. the country in which you are resident.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...