Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have a Box 67 to report, but part of that amount is a transfer from my employer to my RRSP.  UFile's T4 entry page does not accommodate a Box 67 transfer (note that if this was a Box 66, there is a field available for the transfer entry, but this is a Box 67, not a Box 66), and UFile's RRSP entry page states not to enter transfers on that page. So where do I enter the transfer from my employer to my RRSP?  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


You received a T4 slip with an amount in Box 66 and/or Box 67, following a dismissal and/or a retirement in the tax year. To account for this situation, please follow these steps:

1 - In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", click on "T4 and employment income".
2 - On the right-hand side of the screen, select one of the first two options, either "T4 and RL-1 income earned in Quebec" or "T4 income (earned in any province except Quebec)" as per your situation, and enter the information found on your T4 slip in the appropriate boxes.
3 - At the center of the page, you will find the fields to complete for boxes 66 and 67. For "Box 66 - eligible retiring allowances (RL-1 Box O (RJ)" , enter in the field on your right the amount shown in Box 66 of your T4 slip.
4 - If an amount was transferred directly to an RRSP/PRPP, enter the amount transferred to an RRSP/PRPP in the field "Portion of Box 66 transferred to a RRSP/PRPP".
5 - However, if this amount was transferred within the first 60 day of 2017, also enter the amount in the section entitled "Portion of Box 66 transferred to an RRSP/PRPP (From the unused RRSP/PRPP contributions of January and February 2017)" .

6. If an amount is transferred directly to an RPP, enter that amount on the line "Portion of the box 66 transferred to an RPP".
7 - However, if no portion of the amount in Box 66 was transferred to an RRSP or RPP, either by you or by your employer, leave these two lines blank.
8 - On line "Box 67 - Non-eligible retiring allowances (RL-1 box O (RJ)", enter the amount shown in Box 67 of your T4 slip.

Note to residents of Quebec: If the amount in Box O of the RL-1 slip is different from the sum of amounts in Boxes 66 and 67 of the T4 slip, click on the "Maple leaf" icon to the right of the line to generate a field for another jurisdiction and enter the amount in Box O of RL-1.

The amount from Boxes 66 and 67 will be reported by the program on line 130 of the federal return and line 154 of the Quebec return, and code 03 will be entered on Quebec line 153.

The amount transferred directly to an RRSP account will be carried over by the program to line 240 of Schedule 7 and shall not affect the "RRSP deduction limit".

If applicable, the "RPP deduction schedule" for RPP will be generated by the program and the amount transferred directly to your RPP will be entered on line 22 for it not to be subject to the "Annual deduction limit".

For more information, please see the link to the CRA:


For more information, please consult the following Revenu Quebec links:



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...