Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Refund held

Recommended Posts

I am am owed a 2016 refund which was held by the CRA. They have suggested that I can enter the amount owing I’m in line 476 of my 2017 return. That doesn’t seem to work. Any suggestions? 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi woody, 

If they have suggested you enter it on line 476, then you could enter it in the program as instalments.

To enter the amount of instalments that you have paid, please follow the procedure below:

1. In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2. On the right-hand side page, in the group "Tax paid by instalments and tax transfer", check the box "Tax paid by instalment and tax transfer" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3. Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Instalments and tax transfers". On the page to your right, click on the plus "+" icon to the right of the line "Income tax paid by instalments".

4. On the new page, enter the instalments paid for the tax year for the federal.

These amounts will be carried over by the program on line 476 of the federal return.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...