Français
Sign in to follow this  
RonR.

CPP Error

I have made a mistake by choosing an effective election date (there are only 2 choices) and both are incorrect for my situation I am retired and don't pay into a pension 

but because of this I cannot continue and also my answer was NO for did I make a CPT30 election for the current year both of these can be found under the Controls section of the program. There must be away around mistakes like this but I can't seem to find one  can anyone help

Thank you

I,m I doing something WRONG I posted this last Thurs with no replies.. Because of this stupid error I made by entering a yes or no for the CPT30 inquiry

now its asking my for the date I elected to stop or continue I would like to delete both questions completely because it does not relate to me or my situation 

Ron R. - I'm having the same problem.  I don't want to stop paying CPP but it seems that NO doesn't mean NO.  I'm 67 employed, receiving CPP and self-employed and answer NO to all CPP questions in CONTROL but get a message in REVIEW that I have selected to stop paying CPC, etc.. Nowhere have I indicated that this is the case.

I don't have an answer and when I used Support Assistant I got a robotic reply with  series of links which were useless.  Hopefully someone from UFILE can resolve this.  It looks like a glitch to me.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:05 AM, Michael H. said:

Ron R. - I'm having the same problem.  I don't want to stop paying CPP but it seems that NO doesn't mean NO.  I'm 67 employed, receiving CPP and self-employed and answer NO to all CPP questions in CONTROL but get a message in REVIEW that I have selected to stop paying CPC, etc.. Nowhere have I indicated that this is the case.

I don't have an answer and when I used Support Assistant I got a robotic reply with  series of links which were useless.  Hopefully someone from UFILE can resolve this.  It looks like a glitch to me.

Me too - exactly the same. And have not a reply from support with a fix yet.

I have not indicated I want to stop paying (on my self employment income (or employment income) but I get the warning to fix it. But the fix is to indicate I make the election CPT30 to stop contributing but I did not stop in 2018. So the fix just goes to the one side of the problem - it does not go to the side where I apparently indicated i want to stop.

I have searched every schedule and it all looks like I have not indicated stopping.

I submitted a Support request and got the auto reply with some suggestions. I tried with no success. That email said if those things did not fix it to reply and so Support should be coming back to me but it has been a week tomorrow with nothing further. Even searching spam box several times a day

So i am stuck. Hopefully I will hear form Support soon as this is holding up our filing.

I see others have had this issue. If you did not give up and got it resolved please post.

I am all ears for any suggestions any might have

thanks in advance