Français
SimplyNoted

You reported employment income without specifying any pensionable earnings or CPP/QPP exemption

Hi,

Using Windows UFile. I've just entered all the information for my spouse, She is on disability. I entered in the information from her T4A(P). She is on long term disability with her employer. They sent here a T4 with earnings of 61.88, something to do with money towards benefits they give to each employee. So, CPP contributions box is blank and EI premiums box is blank.

I can't NetFile for her. The program is insisting on something for CPP contributions on her T4. I tried entering 0.01. Now the program will NetFile for her, but it indicates she is now getting a refund of .01 (since in her circumstances she shouldn't be paying any CPP). But, her T4 form doesn't indicate she is exempt from CPP contributions.

Any ideas? I don't want to have to send these forms in using snail mail.

Brad

If you enter any numbers into the cpp boxes and saved and if you later change make the box blank and check off "Exempt CPP/QPP" it will NOT work.

Create a new T4 form with a temporary employer name the ("+" bubble), copy all the T4 box amounts to the new form (Leave CPP boxes blank ie. don't touch).  Then select "Exempt CPP/QPP (rare!)".

Save the new form, delete the old first form (click on "-" bubble). 

Rename the new T4 name properly

The software will now calculate properly and remove the error such you can Netfile.