Lazurko

2017 won't open

I just get a blank white screen when I try to open my application.  It has never happened before.  We are up against a filing deadline April 30 2018 and UFile support has not responded! Help!

Request# UB2552725

Aisha got me to reinstall (see below). Same problem.  She then asked me what version of Windows.  I said 10.

She asked me to send screen shots and I attach what I sent.

She then wants me to personalize my Windows desktop.  I said for what purpose and in want way?  This is where it stands now.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting UFile technical support.

Please follow these instructions for uninstall and reinstall.
Please make sure you have no other applications running during this process.
To remove UFile 2017 for Windows, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to "Start".
2. Go to "Settings".
3. Select "Control Panel".
4. In the "Control Panel", depending on your operating system, select "Programs and Features" or "Add/Remove Programs".
5. Locate UFile 2017 and click "Remove".
To reinstall:
Please click on the following link to get the latest version.
http://downloads.drtax.ca/ufile/UF2017MQ2ZJCFIL0P8TNKOK8MlWK7/ufile2017.exe
1) Please extract the UFile2017.exe with WinRAR
2) It will create the folder UFile2017 folder; in that folder there are several icons, double click on the icon UFile2017.msi.

After deleting the old copy, you will have just one copy of UFile 2017 on your computer.

Regards,

Aisha
On behalf of the UFile Team

UFile.ca

screenshots for Ufile.docx

Hi,

If you followed these instructions and you still not able to run the program, we suggest to reply again to the Request# UB2552725 and one of our technician can log in remotely to your computer to solve the issue.

I am also having a problem with UFile after the update.  Installation from disk was fine.  Once I installed the update however I was unable to launch UFile. This is very disappointing. I have been using Ufile for about 10 years and this is the first time I have ever had issues. I will try the steps outlined in the response to Lasurko but again this is very disappointed in the quality of this product.

I have the same issue. Ufile 2017 will not start. I have removed it 3 times and reinstalled again. Nothing is happening......disappointed. Have been using it for the last 8 years.

It did work well when I installed it 3 weeks ago and now was ready to file my return. And this issue came up. 

As  per Aisha....."are several icons, double click on the icon UFile2017.msi."...I am unable to find this file. 

Up and running now...from another thread.

In order to solve this issue, please follow the instruction below:

1. Open Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E)
2. In the address bar, type “%localappdata%\Thomson_Reuters_DT_Tax_an”.
3. Press ENTER.
4. Delete all  “impotexpert.exe_*” and “ufile.exe_*” folders found in “%localappdata%\Thomson_Reuters_DT_Tax_an” folder.
5. Start UFile 2017.

I am so frustrated with this program. I tried to download the new software from the link above and the download is extremely slow (400 to 500kb/s and that's on a high speed internet connection running nothing else but this) and then craps out anyways.  I tried the suggestion from rummy100 suggested and cannot find those files.  I cannot find a helpline to call so am stuck. Ufile used to be the best CA Tax product around, simple and easy to use. But with the changes to the GUI and this nightmare of an install and lack of a fixed update file, it's garbage now.  Why won't UFile fix the update file so users do not have to search the forum to fix Ufile's issue?

Try emailing support@ufile.ca  I got a better response this way.  Still working through my problem.  It has been escalated to the RD Team.  Not sure if I will have a solution in time for the April 30th submission deadline.

Thanks Lazurko. I ended up going back to UFile.ca and registered my issue there and got a case#.  I will email support as you suggested and quote my case.  Fingers crossed.

Btw. Have they give you any indication as to what is wrong? 

I am out of luck.  It just won't work with the latest Windows 10 OS updates.  I need to move to the online product and re-enter my 2107 data fro 3 people including 2 sole proprietorship businesses.  Not really happy.

40 minutes ago, Antoine7 said:

Hi Lazurko,

One technician will connect remotely to your computer to solve the issue.

I have reentered data and migrated to online product.