Français
Al An

Class 10 vehicle CCA bug?

I'm trying to report the deductions as a food courier for 2017.

According to the CRA, the first year of acquisition you only get half of the class 10 30% CCA, so it should be 15%

The car was purchased in Dec 11, 2017 for $3584, so the CCA should be $537.6 according to my own calculations.

But ufile seems to think it's only 3.9% instead of 15% for capital cost allowance, is this 
a bug?

I've attached an image of the Tax return tab, protected B part 9 Area A, 

Apparently according to ufile online, $1792 x 0.3 = $141.40?? ? It said column 7 should multiple by column 8 to get column 9  (Column 7 $1792 times Column 8 30% = Column 9 $141.40)

cca.PNG

I can also try and game the Ufile formula by "driving" the car 400% for work, to work around this bug. This is what it looks like. 

If I do this would I be audited by the CRA? If it turns out it is a ufile bug.

cca1.PNG

cca2.PNG

cca3.PNG

Hi guys,

If anyone is reading this, I've confirmed myself that this is indeed a Ufile online bug.

I copied the exact same math in studio tax and I was able to get the correct value $537.60.  See attached screenshot from studio tax.

The resolution to this problem is to use a different tax software as I'm not sure messing around with the % of driving to work is worth getting audited by the CRA.

Now I've to figure out whether I should bother to ask for my $20 back from ufile.  I've been using ufile since 2012 and this is kinda disappointing. 

cca.PNG

I've encountered a similar issue with Class10 CCA  - Automobile used for self-emplyed T2125.    CCA should be $4,548 - but T2125 wierdly shows $8,482 ???

image.png.8cee6e44d4ea7c0d9309a2e0ed6bed92.png