Français
Jordan

Cannot Netfile - rejected

Cannot seem to netfile in 2017 tax filing, getting a rejected error below.  Have tried to fix per the instructions below, but need a better (easier) explanation.  No response from Ufile to my customer service support requests and no way to contact by phone.  Appreciate any advice.

---------------------

Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us. Most Canadian income tax and benefit returns for 2017, and any balance owing amount, are due on April 30, 2018. https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/iesl/clicktotalk/ntr.action?RefNumber=12501e

Error code(s):2197Please verify the following lines found on the Schedule 7: 1) Make sure to enter the amount of unused RRSP/PRPP contributions available for 2017 from the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) records on line 1 of Schedule 7. This amount is: $0. 2) Make sure to enter the total of the RRSP/SPP/PRPP contributions made after the first 60 days of 2017 and no later than the first 60 days of the following year, on line 245 of Schedule 7. 3) If necessary, make sure any contributions you are designating as a repayment under the HBP and the LLP are correctly indicated on line 246 and/or 262 of Schedule 7. Once you make the necessary changes, try sending your return again. If the amount of unused RRSP/PRPP contributions available for 2017 in the CRA's records indicated above is incorrect, please call the Canada Revenue Agency's Individual income tax and trust enquiries.

Hi

It's not clear where my error might be. This is the message received after completing my tax return. My Quebec return was fine and I was able to upload but not Federal.

"One or more entries in your financial statement(s) require correction. The data entered is either invalid, or mandatory information is missing. If you are unable to resolve the issues, please contact your Software Developer. "

How can I know where there is a problem??

Please help!

For this problem "The data entered is either invalid, or mandatory information is missing." I received the following support advice, which worked for me (YMMV):

1. go to the section "Dependant ID".
  2. "Does this tax payer requiere a tax return?" - Answer "Yes".
  3. Click on "Review" tab and try to submit the tax return

The default answer to that question is "Let MaxBack Decide", so if this doesn't work for you maybe look for similar places you are letting MaxBack decide and force the right decision?