Français

Get WAC button - where is it?

JulieL

I require a Web Access Code to file my T2 return electronically.

1) Ufile under "Efile" tab 5 says "If you do not have a Federal Web Access Code you may automatically retrieve one by clicking the button GET WAC".... problem... the button isn't there???

2) CRA indicates to obtain a Web Access Code certain commercial tax preparations software packages have this capability without having to call CRA.  Does Ufile have this capability?? As indicated from #1 above, if it does where is is because it is not showing on my T2 online.

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks Antoine7. But I am having the question as JulieL, where is GET WAC button in UFILE T2? 

Ufile under "Efile" tab 5 says "If you do not have a Federal Web Access Code you may automatically retrieve one by clicking the button GET WAC".... BUT....Where is the GET WAC button? If UFILE T2 doesn't have that button, please correct the message in UFILE and tell us there is no such button in UFILE, then we will not spend time try to find it. Thanks. 

• 11 months later...

It is a year later and I am having the same issue.  There is no "Federal Efile" option - at least not with that exact name - anywhere in the Efile tab (Tab 5).

Can anyone tell me more specifically where to find the Get WAC button?  It is a Sunday and CRA offices are closed so I can't call them to get one.

There is a CRA web page to get a WAC (https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/leb0/wacretrieve/prot/Firsttime.action) for the first time filer.  But I need two pieces of information, both of which I am having trouble getting right. One is my "Account Number". I presume it is the Business Number with RC0001 appended at the end but that gives an error ("Error: 054 - Missing, invalid or incomplete information. Check your account number and try again.").  The 9-digit business number alone also gives an error.  The other is my Registration Date. I don't know where to find my Registration Date (can't find it in MyBusinessAccount) - anyone know?

This is frustrating ...

The T2 online package as of 2July 2019 is still incorrect in suggesting that you press the "Get WAC" button.  It does not exist.  After a bit of a run around I simply called CRA.

UFIle, can you either please update the package to do as the text suggests, or correct the text to be consistent with what the package does not do?

Thanks

PS: subsequent news

for other users....the secret is that the Mailing Address has to be completed to enable the "GetWAC" button.  The mailing Address window is elsewhere in the package, and even tough the mailing address could be the same as the corporate address you still have to fill it out.  redundant, but that is the way the program is working.  And the subtlety of the "GetWAC" button not being visible until you do this is silent on the eFile page. A communication deficiency which hopefully they will correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

With UFile T2, you have the option to submit the federal return electronically using a web access code or a transmitter number.

To request a web access code, please contact Corporation Internet Filing Helpdesk of the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-2803 or consult the link below.

CRA – web access code.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/corporation-internet-filing/about-corporation-internet-filing-service.html

In UFile T2, you could request a web access code in the EFile tab by clicking on the "Federal Efile" option.

To request a transmitter number, please contact the Canadian Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-2803 or see the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/efile-electronic-filers/apply-efile.html#h3

Quebec EFile info

In UFile T2, you could submit your Quebec return with your Netfile credentials or using the Clic Revenu method.

Register your business with clicSÉQUR by clicking on the link below to have access to Clic Revenu.

Revenu Québec – Clic Revenu

http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/sepf/services/scr_inscription/default.aspx

In addition, use My Account to get your NetFile Québec transmission code

http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/mon-dossier/comment-vous-inscrire.aspx

• 4 months later...
On 7/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, RoyLittleFACET said:

The T2 online package as of 2July 2019 is still incorrect in suggesting that you press the "Get WAC" button.  It does not exist.  After a bit of a run around I simply called CRA.

UFIle, can you either please update the package to do as the text suggests, or correct the text to be consistent with what the package does not do?

Thanks

PS: subsequent news

for other users....the secret is that the Mailing Address has to be completed to enable the "GetWAC" button.  The mailing Address window is elsewhere in the package, and even tough the mailing address could be the same as the corporate address you still have to fill it out.  redundant, but that is the way the program is working.  And the subtlety of the "GetWAC" button not being visible until you do this is silent on the eFile page. A communication deficiency which hopefully they will correct.

the get WAC BUTTON appears when you complete the corporate address , thanks for the tip

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, JulieL said:

1) Ufile under "Efile" tab 5 says "If you do not have a Federal Web Access Code you may automatically retrieve one by clicking the button GET WAC".... problem... the button isn't there???

2) CRA indicates to obtain a Web Access Code certain commercial tax preparations software packages have this capability without having to call CRA.  Does Ufile have this capability?? As indicated from #1 above, if it does where is is because it is not showing on my T2 online.

On 6/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, JulieL said:

How do I find my ufile code I use simpletax

• 6 months later...

Apparently, UFile doesn't provide its behind-seen-WAC-obtain-from-CRA for us. According to Canada Online Services, some income tax filing software can obtain the WAC (for the income tax filer) but it's not happening with UFile T2. Therefore, we have to go with the other option (to call CRA).

Here is the capture from CRA Web site: "How to obtain a Web Access Code
If you transmit your T2 return using a Web Access Code, you can apply for, and receive, this code within certain commercial tax preparation software packages without having to call the Canada Revenue Agency’s Corporation Internet Filing Helpdesk.
Otherwise, contact the Corporation Internet Filing Helpdesk; please refer to the Helpdesk hours of service."

• 9 months later...

Same issue with Ufile. 

They don't provide the service of getting for us the "Web Access Code" as advertised. 

It is very frustrating when a customer service department doesn't solve our problems and more when it comes from their platform. And they refer you to the slow process of getting a code through ARC.  Bad Bad Bad customer service experience.

Hello Stephane L,

Before you can have the button [GET WAC] (Web Access Code) appear in the E-FILE tab, please complete the section Mailing address of the corporation.

>>Other addresses

>>Mailing address of the corporation

As of 2018, the web access code is generated automatically in the EFile  tab via the UFile T2 software and not from the CRA.  Note that the Federal Web Access Code (WAC) is 8 digits.

To generate the WAC code:

>>>In the EFile Tab you should see on the screen:

>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>First screen  :

======================================

Filing status for:  My_Corporation_Name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A corporation's file can be submitted when its applicable status shows "Ready for filing…………

….. Please ensure you have completed and reviewed all of your entries prior to filing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My_Corporation_Name               - - -> Federal      [~ - >] Ready for filing      < - - - CLICK HERE

>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>Second screen :

Federal submission for: My_Corporation_Name

Canadian corporations should file a federal corporate income tax return. If the federal corporate income tax return is not filed electronically, then it may be printed and mailed to the Canada Revenue Agency.

To proceed with Corporation Internet Filing online transmission, ……………………….

………. Or, if filing on behalf of a client, my client has signed Form T183CORP and certified that the attached electronic return is correct, complete, and reports the client's income from all sources.

Federal Web Access Code (WAC)

If you do not have a Federal Web Access Code you may automatically retrieve one by clicking the button Get WAC

[Get WAC]   < - - - CLICK HERE

Federal Web Access Code (WAC):  [         ]  < - - - CODE WILL APPEAR HERE

• 6 months later...

The Get WAC button will appear only if you have entered the mailing address in the Interview Section. Even though your mailing address may be the same as your corporation address, you still have to complete the mailing address in order for the "Get WAC " button to appear. This is redundant. Ufile should have changed the program or at least be clear about this requirement in the Efile tab.

• 1 year later...

As of April, 2024, as long as you have the mailing address completed (even if the same as the headquarters address) you can see a "Get WAC" button. However, when you press it, it gives an error: "unable to connect to the remote server" which is unhelpful at best. Also, the WAC obtained from the CRA doesn't seem to work either.

Hello CCB2,

The CRA Web Access Code (WAC) is generated automatically by UFIle T2 on the EFile Tab – not from the CRA.  Before you can get the WAC code all errors must be cleared in the Review section. 
Before you can have the button [GET WAC] (Web Access Code) appear in the E-FILE tab, please complete the section Mailing address of the corporation.
>>Other addresses
   >>Mailing address of the corporation  < - - - COMPLETE THIS

As of 2018, the web access code is generated automatically in the EFile  tab via the UFile T2 software and not from the CRA.  Note that the Federal Web Access Code (WAC) is 8 digits.

To generate the WAC code:
>>>In the EFile Tab you should see on the screen:

>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>First screen  :
Filing status for:  My_Corporation_Name
A corporation's file can be submitted when its applicable status shows "Ready for filing…………
….. Please ensure you have completed and reviewed all of your entries prior to filing.
My_Corporation_Name     - - -> Federal     [~ - >] Ready for filing      < - - - CLICK HERE
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>Second screen : 
Federal submission for: My_Corporation_Name
Canadian corporations should file a federal corporate income tax return. If the federal corporate income tax return is not filed electronically, then it may be printed and mailed to the Canada Revenue Agency.

To proceed with Corporation Internet Filing online transmission, ……………………….
………. Or, if filing on behalf of a client, my client has signed Form T183CORP and certified that the attached electronic return is correct, complete, and reports the client's income from all sources.

Federal Web Access Code (WAC)
If you do not have a Federal Web Access Code you may automatically retrieve one by clicking the button Get WAC
 [Get WAC]   < - - - CLICK HERE
Federal Web Access Code (WAC):  [         ]  < - - - CODE WILL APPEAR HERE

For Revenu Quebec
 Use the Cliqsecur code (From Revenu Quebec)

https://www.revenuquebec.ca/fr/entreprises/mon-dossier-pour-les-entreprises/
https://www.info.clicsequr.gouv.qc.ca/entreprises/

Please ensure you save the PDF version of the tax file for your records and to allow the software to carry forward your data to next year.  Go to Tax Return (Tab 4) : 
In Tab 4, at the bottom of the screen, select the PDF Icons :
[PDF] Federal Print  [PDF]     Quebec Print  (if in Quebec)