Français
ClaraRoberta

T4A box 018 drop down?

Hi everyone,

I changed jobs and transferred my pension to an RPP and received a cheque for the lump-sum payment of the amount I was unable to transfer (excess contributions).

The T4A slip I was issued has amounts in 3 boxes:

”lump-sum payments - line 130” box 018

”income tax deducted - line 437” box 022

and

”other information” “lump sum payments from a registered pension plan that you cannot transfer” box 108 

I’m having a hard time choosing where to put box 018 and 108.

There is no description for box 018 on the Ufile drop-down... but there is a drop-down that describes box 108...

however these are two different amounts? 

Pretty confused at at the moment. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Antoine 7,

Thanks for the reply!

Im still confused though... 

These are not the same amounts, and only a portion of the total of box 018 is designated as box 108... is there not anywhere to enter the amount from box 018 without having to choose a drop-down?

Still confused.

On my T4A, these are the amounts (I can't upload a picture, file size is too big):

Box 018 is $8,082.89

Part of this is the amount from box 108, but part is just a refund of excess contributions I made to the pension plan that were refunded to me when I transferred.

Box 108 is $2,290.76.

I can see how to enter the $2,290.76, as there is a corresponding drop-down selection that matches the box number, 

BUT

Where do I enter the $8,082.89? The only options make me select from a drop-down, none of which apply to this full amount...

Hi there, I just wanted to tag onto this issue with something similar.

I have a T4A which calculated a "Lump Sum Payment - Other" value that does not slot into any of the values listed in the drop down. I do not know how or why this was generated, but the T4A form has an 018-1 with the traditional values, and an 018-2 with this "other" value.

So what do I do with this payment and how do I slot it in?