Français
joes1958

UFILE 2018 Crashes on startup in Windows 10

Good morning,

I have the latest v of Windows 10 running, and ufile18 is not starting up. It does get to the "loading ..." screen then winks out.   Note, I also have ufile2017 installed and it starts up fine.  Three log records are written when I try to start ufile18 and are attached.  I have deleted and reinstalled ufile 2018 several times with not resolution to the problem.   I have rebooted Windows 10 between reinstall steps.

The most english-plain-language description of the error  is "The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. "

Running v10.0.17134

I don't have a clue what to do next. Any suggestion would be appreciated.  Cheers, Joe

ufile18-errors.txt

Please try the following procedure (it might help):

1. Open Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E)
2. In the address bar, type “%localappdata%\Thomson_Reuters_DT_Tax_an”.
3. Press ENTER.
4. Delete all folders found inside the “%localappdata%\Thomson_Reuters_DT_Tax_an” folder.
5. Start UFile 2018 again.

Hello, I am also having this problem and what was suggested by Roger did not work. I emailed ufile support last week but no response. Do you have any other suggestions as the file you said to look up does not exist on my computer? 

Hi there,

I am having this problem as well but on Windows 7.  It was working fine until 2 days ago, but when I tried starting it up tonight it is as described above.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, I looked for that %localappdata% file or folder and it Windows can't find it.  HELP!!! The filing deadline for self-employed people is fast approaching!

Hello Jamie S, 

***** If your operating system is Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1, please update it. It is possible that it has not been automatically updated. Follow the instructions:

Click on 'Start’, then select 'Control panel'. In the new window, please click on 'Windows update' and follow the instructions.

**** If your operating system is Windows 10, Are you using “Controlled folder access” of Windows Defender?

Controlled folder access in Windows Security reviews the apps that can make changes to files in protected folders. Occasionally, an app that is safe to use will be identified as harmful. This happens because Microsoft wants to keep you safe and will sometimes err on the side of caution; however, this might interfere with how you normally use your PC. You can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked.

1.         Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.

2.         Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.

3.         Under Controlled folder access, select Manage Controlled folder access.

4.         Switch the Controlled folder access setting to On or Off.

Please try to remove and reinstall UFile 2018 in a different folder (C:\UFile 2018).

To remove UFile for Windows 2018, follow these instructions:

1. Go to "Start".

2. Go to "Settings".

3. Select "Control Panel".

4. In the "Control Panel", select "Programs and Features".

5. Locate UFile 2018 and click "Remove".

To reinstall:

https://www.ufile.ca/download

VERY IMPORTANT! During the installation, the software will ask you the folder of the application. If the folder by default is C:\Program Files 9x86) \UFile 2018, please click the "Change" button, and enter it manually: C:\UFile 2018.