Français
Sign in to follow this  
M123

T5007- Ontario

I have a regular income with my employer but also had to go on WSIB for most of last year. I received my T4 from my employer stating my regular earnings and I received a T5007 from WSIB. I know this has to be claimed as income; however the ufile system is putting it in as income ON TOP of my regular income which is creating a huge number for my income of over $50K- which is not accurate. Therefore, it is giving me a huge refund because it shows as if I have earned a large sum of money last year, but in reality the WSIB amounts were sent to my employer who paid be regular salary.

How do I fix this or where does it actually give my REAL INCOME as I did not receive 2 simultaneous incomes last year.

Hello M123,

Workers' compensation benefits - T5007 slip

To enter the amounts from your T5007 slip and your RL-5 slip, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2- On the page appearing on the right, go to the "Employment and other benefits" group, check the box "Social assistance, workers' compensation (T5007/RL-5)" and click "Next" at the bottom of this page.

3- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Social assistance, workers' comp.".

4- On the page that appears on the right, click on "RL-5/T5007 - Workers' compensation benefits, social assistance, etc.".

5- On the page that is displayed, enter the amounts from the slips in the appropriate fields.

The eligible amount will be entered by the program on lines 144 and 250 of the federal return and, if you are a Quebec resident, on lines 148 and 295 of the Quebec return.

For more information on this topic, please consult the following links:

For the CRA:

http://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/line-144-workers-compensation-benefits.html

For Revenu Québec:

http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/income-tax-return/completing-your-income-tax-return/completing-your-income-tax-return/line-by-line-help/96-to-164-total-income/line-148/ 

yES, I understand how to report it and put the numbers in; however it is adding it to my regular income to show a very large income amount. Which is a red flag. I didn't make that much money bc WSIB paid employer, not me. So it's essentially showing 2 full incomes & is therefore giving me a HUGE tax refund. I know this is not accurate.