Français
Sign in to follow this  
Larry Stephens

Can't Carry Forward UFile 2017 Returns to UFile 2018

My fully updated copy of UFile 2018 will not carry forward returns that were prepared 
in UFile 2017 and submitted to CRA last year. Whenever I try and open a .u17 file, UFile 2018 says, "Oops, something went wrong..." and suggests I open the Support Assistant.  The Support Assistant is unable 
to resolve the problem.  As a long time user of UFile, this is very disappointing.

I have a similar problem, when creating a new return in 2018 by using carry forward from 2017, there are sections of the return missing, ie. T2125 the entire business will not carry over. Tried saving it different ways, nothing has helped.  Another one of the returns I carried forward worked fine and carried over all of the information.

I am having the same problem. I have UFile 2018 on a new machine running Windows 10. The 2017 file was created on another computer running Windows 7. Would only import ID data.

After trying to import 2017 data, I can no longer even locate the 2017 ufile on my hard drive. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. How come no one from uFile to answer?

Where to ask for an official reply from uFile?

I use uFile for 6 years, never have this kind of problem.

I'm thing should I switch the software.