Français
RobertTaxName

Benefit Relating to Past Employment in Quebec

My Quebec RL-1 Box A and Box J are identical, for work in Quebec from a previous employer.  When I create an OTHER INFORMATION RL-1 (211) entry, I get a u-file error, unless I erase my Box J entry.  Once I create the 211 entry, must I also delete the Box J entry?

Hello RobertTaxName,

Box 211 of the Relevé 1 (RL-1) - Québec

Your question is where to enter the amount in Box 211 of the RL-1 slip.

You have received from your former employer a Quebec Relevé 1 (RL-1 slip) for the premium that was paid for your medical insurance plan, which is taxable in Quebec.

Please follow these steps:

1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "T4 and employment income".

2. On the right-hand side of the screen, click on the plus "+" icon to the right of the line "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions".

3. The new page "T4 - Statement of Remuneration Paid (RL-1) with QPP contributions" will appear, where you will enter the amount corresponding to the boxes found on the RL-1 slip.

Example:

Box A of the RL-1 $ 2200,00
Box B of the RL-1 $       0,00
Box G of the RL-1 $       0,00
Box I of the RL-1  $        0,00
Box J of the RL-1  $  2200,00

To enter the amount in box 211 of the RL-1 slip, go to the bottom of the page under the heading "Other information (click on the triangle to see the list of choices)" and from the drop-down menu, choose the option "RL-1 (211)? Benefit related to previous employment". This amount is equal to the amount entered in Box J and, if applicable, in Boxes K, L, P, V and W.

For more information, consult the following link:

http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/businesses/source-deductions-contributions/filing-rl-slips-and-the-rl-1-summary/rl-1-slip-employment-and-other-income/how-to-complete-the-rl-1-slip/box-a/benefit-related-to-previous-employment/

Yes thanks.  I understand that. I've entered the value in the RL-1 (211) cell.  But unless i now remove the same data entry in Box J, u-file sends me an error.  So must I leave the amount in Box J or remove that amount?  And if the former, how do i prevent the error?

This amount is equal to the amount entered in Box J and, if applicable, in Boxes K, L, P, V and W.

The amount must be entered in 211 and Box J. It will be calculated once.

To check the results, go to step number 4 and find out (Medical expenses Québec).