Français
Sign in to follow this  
eric.dalpe22

T4 Ontario + Releve 1 Live in Quebec CPP/QPP errors no data for QPP on Releve 1

HI, 

Work in Ontario (T4), live in Quebec (Relevé 1). My releve 1 have an amount at A and J and that's it. My T4 have a CPP amount at line 16 but nothing at QPP line 17.

I entered everything correctly but received this error: 

CPP/QPP contributions

You have employment income and are not exempt from paying CPP/QPP contributions. You should normally enter your CPP contributions (Box 16) or QPP contributions (Box 17) in your T4 slip. Click here to review your data.

I have nothing to add , did I missed anything?
Thanks
Eric

19 hours ago, eric.dalpe22 said:

HI, 

Work in Ontario (T4), live in Quebec (Relevé 1). My releve 1 have an amount at A and J and that's it. My T4 have a CPP amount at line 16 but nothing at QPP line 17.

I entered everything correctly but received this error: 

CPP/QPP contributions

You have employment income and are not exempt from paying CPP/QPP contributions. You should normally enter your CPP contributions (Box 16) or QPP contributions (Box 17) in your T4 slip. Click here to review your data.

I have nothing to add , did I missed anything?
Thanks
Eric

I have the same issue and am looking forward to someone answering your question.

I also have the same problem (slightly different error) and am looking for an answer.  The error goes away if I remove the information from box A, but then the amounts aren't correct and my refund is higher that what it should be.

My error is slightly different:

Federal

- The total of your PPIP insurable earnings exceeds $2000 and you have no PPIP premiums (T4 box 55)

- An entry is required on Schedule 1 field 375 of Schedule 10 field 380 should be less than $2000

Provincial

- You have employment income that appears to consist solely of taxable benefits.  If you received these benefits because of a previous employment, use the option RL-1 [211]-Benefit related to past employment and ent er the amount from box A of the related RL-1.

I also received this error after the auto fill and stops me to submit online. I think I will print and mail it. Quebec is fine and ready to e file , surprise here since I owe them money and receive some from the Federal...

Federal

- The total of your PPIP insurable earnings exceeds $2000 and you have no PPIP premiums (T4 box 55)

- An entry is required on Schedule 1 field 375 of Schedule 10 field 380 should be less than $2000

Found this info and it worked

1) T4 slip

In the T4 and employment income section

- select "T4 income earned outside Quebec"

2) Relevé 1 (RL-1)

In the T4 and employment income section

- select "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions"

Enter the data as follows:

- Box A - as per your RL-1

- Box E - as per your RL-1 (there is an amount if you asked to have Quebec tax withheld)

- Box 56 (RL-1 Box I) - 0.00

- Box 28 - Exempt CPP/QPP

- Box J - as per your RL-1

All other boxes should be blank.

I have the same issue.   I have a little self employed income and have elected to stop CPP over a year ago, but I had to fill in "stop electing CPP" on ALL the CPP fields in the controls before I got the errors to stop showing up.   Last year CRA didn't accept the ufile controls as having evoked CPP, and charged me for CPP  and I had to do a manual adjustment.   I am hoping to avoid that this year, but I am not hopeful, since just clicking in the controls that I evoked CPP a prior year did not cause the error symbols to go away.   ... something is not right with how the ufile controls are set up when you have some small income and have previously elected to stop paying CPP.  Would love to have an example of how to fill this out ie. self employed income that has been settled in prior year with a stoppage of CPP payments.

PS if I put Exempt CPP in the T4 ... it looks like this is a highly unusual thing to do ... because it comes with the warning "This is an extremely rare thing to do!"