Français
Sign in to follow this  
eyny2009

Automatically upload CNIL from last year's interest income

hi,

I'm using Ufile for several years in a row.  This year I started my 2018 tax filling, I realized ufile automatically created a form called CNIL and automatically filled "Total Federal CNIL Income at the end of 2017" by an amount equal to the interest from Canadian sources I filled in 2017 ?

The Tip raised the benefit to keep accumulated investment income. It's only interest income.  Do I really need to file the CNIL?  What's benefit to file the prior CNIL?  However, Ufile did not automatically upload the CNIL the years before.  What if I report CNIL this year?  Or should I just delete it?

Years ago UFile online created CNIL for me as well for some expense I had claimed. The numbers change from year to year and really have no idea what these numbers mean and what to do with them. I've been told by 2 UFile agents to just leave it and it's only for our records. I really wish I had a better understanding of it.