Français
Sign in to follow this  
Terence

Problem with QPP contributions and overpayment Calculation

The following 2 questions were sent to Ufile. The answers/Links sent do not help resolve the problem

(1) After filing our family taxes (3) for 2017 we received refunds for my wife and I. 2 weeks ago I received a Reasessement from CRA with a bill for 949.00. Part of the problem stems from the fact that I live in Ontario and work in Quebec. I am now 72. My Quebec employer deducts QPP which i entered in the appropriate box. However the program took the amount $1223 on line 448 an incorrectly placed it on line 308 as an over payment. I am doing our returns for 2018 and I can see the amount is incorrectly transported to that line again. How can I fix this?

thank you Terence 

Question #2 today, follow up. CRA tells me I need RC381 form. Ufile says it is generated auto when needed. I can't locate the trigger. My return for 2017 misapplied my QPP contributions on line 448 to line 308 CPP overpayment. They reasessed me for 949$. I live in Ontario but work in Quebec. I am 72 so I shouldn't make CPP contributions any more but in Quebec its required. Perhaps RC381 will help?

thank you Terence