Français
Sign in to follow this  
Jally Services

Import TurboTax .tt17 file

Hi;

I bought the CD version of Ufile 2018 and I am running it on Win10.  I am trying to import my tax return from last year which was created using TurboTax.  I have my .TT17 file and I have been reading about how UFile can import TurboTax files but it does not work.

When I select File - Carry Forward - Browse, the only file option I have is *.u17.  I have found some information about this online and it says that there should be an option which allows you to select the type of file to import (i.e. .TT17).  I can not select any other type of file.  When I type *.* as the file name, I can see my .TT17 file in my folder and if I select it, I get a "Corrupt File" message.

The program updated when I installed it so I think that I am up-to-date.  I know my Win10 is up-to-date. 

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.  

Assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carry Forward - TurboTax

In order to carry forward last year's TurboTax® file from the previous tax year, first ensure your current copy of UFile is up-to-date.

To update your version of UFile for Windows, make sure first that you are connected to the Internet, then open UFile, click on the "Settings" menu, and select "Program updates". In the "Program updates" window, click "Check for updates".

Once you have the latest version of UFile for Windows please follow these steps:

1. Run UFile and click on "Carry forward a 2017 tax file".
2. Under "Select the type of file to import", select "2017 TurboTax® or ImpôtRapide® file (.TT17)" as the file type.
3. Click the yellow folder and browse to your *.tt17 file.
4. Click "Open" after you locate the file.
5. Click "Continue".
6. Click "Continue" again.
7. Click "OK".

NOTE: It is very important that you browse to find your file. This will ensure that both the name and location of the file are correct. You cannot just enter the name of the file. UFile also needs to know where on your computer the file is located. By browsing, you will ensure that this information is correct.

Your 2017 tax information will be carried forward to your UFile for Windows 2018 tax file.

ID: 20080707105418CAXXXXXX.xml

Webpage: KPT240-20080707105418CA.htm

On 4/19/2019 at 9:28 PM, lhendric said:

There is no such option to select a different file.  My experience is the same as the original poster.  I have updated ufile.  I am never asked if I want to import TurboTax.

image.png.9a9880a849835c757561f7be5e802823.png

Exact same problem for me.  I bought this product based on the belief that I could import TurboTax data.  Very disappointed.

Hello Joel M,

For technical reasons, it is not possible to transfer TurboTax (TurboTax) 2017 data to UFile 2018. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

UFile uses an exceptional and highly evolved calculation engine that has been used extensively in the offices of tax professionals and online for many years with great success.

If you would like to use our software, we could give you a free 2017 software to import 2016 TurboTax data to UFile 2017. You will be able to enter your 2017 information and report automatically to 2018.

You will also be able to import personal information to 2018, then enter the amounts reported manually. They can be found in your Notice of Assessment and in the PDF copy of 2017.

Please let support@UFile.ca know if you want the free software of 2017.