Français
iip

Issues with generated Schedule 8

1. Where do I enter the CCA details that the amount appears in column 3 Acquisitions?

2. I entered 14 CCA details however the generated schedule 8 in tab "4 Tax Return" had only 11 entries, hence the amount of tax was greater than it was supposed to be.

The questions were on Ufile T2 2018

I have already requested support.

Meanwhile, I saved and closed the online application and upon reopening all 14 CCA details showed up. So that is a glitch but kinda manageable.

The first issue remains outstanding. I had a limited audit inquiry because all my assets, new acquisitions and from previous years, messed up in Column #2. Now I am thinking to send the paper bar-code return along with manual Schedule 8 and the explanation.

Hi Mason, for a capital addition, you select the Class. Then you will see description and amount of capital additions. You enter the current year additions to this CCA (capital cost allowance) class at the place in the left side. You do not report it as "Opening balance of the UCC", this is not correct. There is a left side and a right side.  The description goes in the left, the amount at the right.  You should report both or neither. UFile reports the CCA on the CCA schedule in the T776 in the Tax return section.  UFile applies the half year rule on a purchase.