Jump to content

Recommended Posts



I bought an employment insurance for my domestic helper outside of Canada. Recently, there was a payout from the insurance policy regarding my helper's medical condition covered from the employment insurance policy. 


My question is - when I file my personal income tax in Canada, is the payout from the insurance company taxable? If so, where (which line in tax form) should I put it under? 


Thank you,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...