Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

2019 Political Contributions & Tax Credit

Recommended Posts

Suppose I contribute $1,600 to a federal party and another $1,600 to the constituency association.

1. I assume that my maximum tax credit is $625 not $625 per $1,6000 for a total of $1,300. Right?

2. If it is just $625, then there is no incentive to report $3,200 since that will probably only bring an audit request to send in the paperwork to prove I didn't over-contribute to either group. Right?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...