Français
Trent Tax

Error connecting with CRA server (Auto-fill my return)

Long-time UFile Pro user, but becoming increasingly disappointed in their customer service over the years.

I understand we're in unprecedented times, however I'm experiencing an "Error connecting with CRA server" when trying to auto-fill returns, and have been experiencing this error all the past week, but only with the UFile 2019 software. The UFile 2017 + 2018 software & AFR feature currently works fine. Is anyone else currently experiencing this error on their 2019 UFile software?

I am aware that Rep a Client will be unavailable, starting 11 pm on Sunday, April 12, 2020, until 6 am on Monday, April 13, 2020 (Eastern time).

UFile AFR Error - 2020-04-11.PNG

A new development which fixed the issue I was experiencing - for those who like to run the clock on their computer a few minutes faster, it's important to pay attention to the following information, found within UFile's help articles:

• The time must be set correctly on your computer. The CRA has a time limit for completing the transaction. A discrepancy of more than five minutes between the time on your computer and the correct time is enough for the CRA to invalidate the transaction.

• The time zone must also be set correctly on your computer.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:26 PM, Trent Tax said:

Long-time UFile Pro user, but becoming increasingly disappointed in their customer service over the years.

I understand we're in unprecedented times, however I'm experiencing an "Error connecting with CRA server" when trying to auto-fill returns, and have been experiencing this error all the past week, but only with the UFile 2019 software. The UFile 2017 + 2018 software & AFR feature currently works fine. Is anyone else currently experiencing this error on their 2019 UFile software?

I am aware that Rep a Client will be unavailable, starting 11 pm on Sunday, April 12, 2020, until 6 am on Monday, April 13, 2020 (Eastern time).

UFile AFR Error - 2020-04-11.PNG

I have the same problem. Did you resolve the issue?

On 4/22/2020 at 1:17 AM, ccathy said:

I have the same problem. Did you resolve the issue?

See my self-reply on April 11th in regards to ensuring your computer's clock time & time zone are correct.

Ufile has NO reply so far but I found a solutuon, quick fix is to go to clock "change date and time settings" and go to "internet time" tab and then change settings - make sure selected "time.windows.com" and click update now.  Open up Uflie and try again and should be OK. 

Edited by bluegs
typo

On 5/4/2020 at 12:57 PM, bluegs said:

Ufile has NO reply so far but I found a solutuon, quick fix is to go to clock "change date and time settings" and go to "internet time" tab and then change settings - make sure selected "time.windows.com" and click update now.  Open up Uflie and try again and should be OK. 

Thank you very much.