Français

REFILE T1135?

KOL

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I happen to also claim for capital loss carryback from 2019 to 2018 (in my 2019 tax filing). When I refile T1135 for year 2018, should I use the "capital gains" amount (foreign held stocks) AFTER the capital loss being applied or fine to use what was originally filed in my 2018 tax return? 

On 4/27/2020 at 1:17 PM, Nawal said:

Hi KOL, yes, you can. Go to step 5 "Netfile" and click on "Federal submission" to select the CRA refile. Then return in the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Foreign income & property" and on the screen to your right, choose the line ''T1135 Foreign Income Verification Statement: You owned foreign property with a total cost over CAN $100,000". On the page that appears ''T1135 - Foreign income verification statement'', for the line "Select the reporting method", choose the reporting method from the drop-down menu that applies to your situation. Then, enter the requested information.

The T1135 will be generated by the program.

To refile your T1135 via NETFILE or EFILE, following.

1. Go to the "NETFILE" or "EFILE" tab and in the left column, select "T1135 submission".
2. On the page entitled "T1135 e-submission", for NETFILE users, go to the section "Terms and conditions" and check the line "I agree with the above Terms and conditions".
3. Click "ReFile the T1135 now". You will receive a confirmation number, that you must keep in your records for future reference.

I follow your instructions above up to step 2. However, it's not showing "REfile the T1135 now" under the "T1135 submission" tab. Instead, it's just showing the regular screen (screenshot below). 

FYI. The federal tax return does turn to "Refile my return now" after I entered the "Federal refile mode".

Please assist.

Capture.JPG

Edited by KOL
typo

• 11 months later...

Which of the two options below worked for you please? Thanks.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:09 PM, KOL said:

When I refile T1135 for year 2018, should I use the "capital gains" amount (foreign held stocks) AFTER the capital loss being applied or fine to use what was originally filed in my 2018 tax return?

Can someone please help in providing actual contacts (not virtual) for technical issues for accessing Ufile on line? I have been using it to prepare and Ufile Canada Tax return for myself for last 12+ years but this year am not able to log in as I forgot password. Multiple emails have all fallen on deaf ears. I set up a new account for this year but I need to re-load my prior years returns

much appreciated

domingos

• 1 year later...

I realized after filing that some info on the T-1135 had not been transcribed correctly.  

Following this thread I attempted to refile only the T-1135, after agreeing with the terms and conditions,  and it was twice rejected automatically saying it had already been filed.  

Must I print and send it by mail?

Why do your instructions not reflect this then?