Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Gabriel last won the day on January 23 2015

Gabriel had the most liked content!


Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

41,081 profile views
  1. I have the UFILE CVITP version installed on my computer, but I bought the cd version for my work. But it does not let me install the new version, I always see the data of the CVITP version, which I must do

  2. Unfortunately, this feature is available with DT Max only.
  3. Accounts are not linked from year to year. For example, if you just recently purchased and filed a previous year's return, you will need to login as a new user and create a new account for the current year. You will be able to use the same user ID and password, however in this case the data will not be carried forward. If you completed a tax return from the current year, the data from this account will be carried forward next year. We carry forward accounts in batch once a year in early January.
  4. In its calculations, the program takes into account the rules governing pension income splitting. It considers all the factors involved to determine the optimal amount of pension income to be transferred to the other spouse. You can modify the pension split by following these steps: 1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", on the left-hand side of the screen, select "Pension income, T4A, split pension". 2- On the page to your right, choose the last line "Split pension income with your spouse". 3- For the line "Do you wish to split eligible pension income with your spouse?", from the drop-down menu on your left, choose the option that suits you best among the following three: A- Let MaxBack decide. B- Transfer to spouse (you must specify the amount that you transfer). C- Do not transfer to the spouse. If you look at Step 5 of the T1032 form, you will notice that the system also indicates the split of deducted income tax. For Quebec residents, also note that the provincial and federal rules for income splitting are different. Moreover, under the "Tax return" tab, you will find a document entitled "Report on split-pension income". By reviewing this report, you will be able to determine which one of the possible pension income splitting scenarios is the most beneficial for your couple. For more information regarding pension income splitting, please consult the following links: For the CRA: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/pnsn-splt/menu-eng.html For Revenu Québec: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/impots/guide/aideligne/revenu-total/ligne123.aspx
  5. Gabriel


    Here are some links to help you in your questioning: http://www.netfile.gc.ca/menu-eng.html http://www.efile.cra.gc.ca/
  6. Gabriel


    You have to fill the information only if a fee was charged for preparing the return.
  7. In order to create scenarios, we recommend that you create a new account in the current tax year of UFile ONLINE and enter all your data. This way, you will have your original file and one that you can use for simulations. We give support to users to help properly enter their data into the software. However, we are not authorized to give an opinion on tax questions. We regret that we cannot answer your question and thank you for your trust in UFile.
  8. Gabriel


    Electronic filing of T1013's is still only available with DT Max. For more information on DT Max, please consult: http://www.drtax.ca/en/DTMax.aspx
  9. To claim the amount for a disabled person who is your dependant, you should specify the disability of that person in the dependant's file. To do so, follow the steps below: 1- In the "QuikClik Navigator" of the dependent's file, located on the left-hand side of the screen, select "Medical, disability, caregiver". 2- In the screen on your right, select the option "Infirmity and disability amounts for the dependant". 3- In the page "Dependant infirmity and disability", enter the relevant information. Schedule 5 will be generated by the program in the family head's file, and the non-refundable credit for caregivers will be reported on line 315 of federal Schedule 1. As for the non-refundable credit for people with disabilities transferred from a dependent, it will be reported on line 318 of federal Schedule 1. For Quebec residents, if you wish to claim the caregiver amount, follow these steps: 1- In the "QuikClik Navigator" of the family head's file, select "Quebec credits". 2- In the screen on your right, choose "Quebec line 462 - Schedule H - Dwelling information for the tax credit for caregiver". 3- In this page, from the drop-down menu, select the option that fits your situation. The program will generate Quebec Schedule H and will carry over the amount of refundable credit on line 462 of the Quebec return.
  10. Yes you have to print and mail your return. IMPORTANT: Please read the "Assembly instructions" section of your tax return to know which forms you should submit to the CRA, the order in which they should be assembled, and which forms need to be signed and by whom (e.g. yourself, your spouse or common-law partner, your doctor, etc.). Please visit the link(s) below to locate a Tax services office near you: CRA: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cntct/t1ddr-eng.html Revenu Québec: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/impots/dec_courante/declaration-papier/poste.aspx
  11. You could first try with another browser or look up for any malware as described above in the March 29th post. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please send a request to help@ufile.ca. Thank you.
  12. Please send a request to support@ufile.ca so we can take a look at the return. Thank you.
  13. Foreign employment income To enter a foreign employment income, please follow the steps below: 1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "Interview setup". 2- On the page appearing on the right, select "Foreign income or foreign property" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page. 3- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click on "Foreign income and property". 4- On the new page generated on the right, click on "Foreign employment income". After specifying the source and origin of the income and the exchange rate to apply, please proceed as follows: 1- If the foreign employment income is already entered on a T4: a) You must select "Yes" for the question "Do you wish to use the overseas employment tax credit schedule T626?" if you are eligible for the overseas employment tax credit. b) Enter the amount in the field "Foreign employment income already entered on a T4 page". c) Enter the additional information, if necessary. 2- If the foreign employment income is not entered on a T4: a) You must select "No" for the question "Do you wish to use the overseas employment tax credit schedule T626?" b) Enter the amount in the field "Foreign employment income not entered on a T4 page". c) Enter the additional information, if necessary. For more information, please consult the IT-497 newsletter via the link below: www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tp/it497r4/
  14. Spousal or common-law partner amount The spouse or common-law partner amount is automatically calculated using the data entered in the spouse's file. If you have indicated your marital status as married or as a common-law spouse, the program will determine the amount that you are entitled to claim. The program will calculate the amount and enter it on line 303 of Schedule 1, and line 5812 of your provincial forms (except Quebec). If you did not input any amounts in your spouse's file, the program will assume that you are entitled to the full spousal amount. Make sure to enter the information regarding your spouse's income in his or her file, so that the spousal amount is calculated correctly. In the case where there is a separation in the year, the spousal amount can still be claimed based on the net income of your ex-spouse at the time of breakdown of the relationship. In order to claim the spousal amount in the year of separation in the program, please follow these steps: 1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, select "Identification". 2- Then, on the page to the right, at the question "Did your marital status change in 2013?", choose "Yes". 3- Back in the "QuikClik Navigator", click on "Ex-Spouse". 4- Complete the next page accordingly. For more information, please consult the following link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/303/menu-eng.html
  15. Switching the family head designation from one spouse to another The program is designed to prepare tax returns for all family members. The person whose name appears first in the family member section of the "Interview" tab is referred to as the "family head". Unfortunately, the program is not enabled to switch the family head designation from one spouse to the other. The program will accurately and efficiently calculate the tax returns of all family members, regardless of who is designated as the family head. The program's "MaxBack Refund Analyzer" will integrate the tax returns of all the family members. However, if you wish to designate the other spouse as the family head, you will need to do this manually by creating a new account (UFile ONLINE) or a new file (UFile for Windows), and making sure that you first enter the person that you wish to designate as the new family head. If you decide to do so, you will also need to manually enter all of the carryforward amounts from the previous tax year correctly.
  • Create New...