Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Antoine7

  1. Hello meatbagg, How to purchase 2017 UFile for Windows from the UFile Shop? To purchase the current years UFile for WINDOWS software directly from us, you need access to the Internet. You may proceed by using the following link: http://www.ufile.ca/products/ufile-windows Once on the UFile for WINDOWS page, please proceed as follows: 1. Click on "PURCHASE NOW". 2. In the new window that opens, select the required amount of returns by clicking on "ADD TO CART". 3. NOT recommended -You can choose if you would like to receive the *CD-ROM version by checking the box
  2. Hi dci, In UFile T2, you could request a web access code in the EFile tab by clicking on the "Federal Efile" option.
  3. Hello JulieL, UFile T2 creates the *.COR extension when you transmit your tax return electronically through EFile. You won’t be able to download a *.COR extension for your tax return in UFile T2 but by clicking on the link below you could register online for a web access code or EFile number with the Canadian Agency Revenue. CRA – web access code https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/corporation-internet-filing/about-corporation-internet-filing-service.html Corporation Internet Filing Helpdesk – EFile agent number https://www
  4. Hello JulieL, With UFile T2, you have the option to submit the federal return electronically using a web access code or a transmitter number. To request a web access code, please contact Corporation Internet Filing Helpdesk of the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-2803 or consult the link below. CRA – web access code. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/corporation-internet-filing/about-corporation-internet-filing-service.html
  5. Hi, You can enter the amount of the internet in the expenses section. The net amount which is equal to 90 % of the total.
  6. Hello simraj, Home office expenses If you operate your business from your home office, you can deduct certain expenses from your business income. Before entering your expenses, you must determine the portion of your home that is used for your business. To enter your expenses, please follow these steps: 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the page "Home office expenses" under the item "Self-employment income". 2- Enter the portion (%) of the home that is used for personal purposes. 3- Enter your home office expenses in t
  7. Hello dingfend88888, Re: unused tuition fees from 2016 According to CRA rules, a dependant can only transfer the unused tuition fees for current year to his/her parent. But, the taxpayer (student) can use the 2016 unused amount in 2017 to reduce his/her payable taxes down to zero if needed or can keep them for next year.
  8. Hello Flatlander, Rental income - CCA capital additions To enter your capital additions, follow the steps below: Please note that the land is not depreciable property. Therefore when you acquire rental property, only include the cost of the building. Your rental property may belong to class 1, 3, 6, 31 or 32, depending on what the building is made of and the date you acquire it, please visit the link provided at the end of this document. 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the item "Rental income" and choose the subsection "CCA". 2. Choose t
  9. Hello dingfeng88888, To help you better, please provide your request number to do the follow up for you.
  10. Hi dmarie2912, You can use the the short section: Spouse - basic information.
  11. Yes, RBC should provide more details concerning the type of investment.
  12. Hi Dora Cooper, Regarding your situation, you have to enter the data into Self-employment - Form T2125 Income and expenses as regular amounts and the program add the income and deduct the expenses automatically.
  13. Hi XorKaya, To help you better, we need more information of what kind of RRSP's you cashed. To do an accurate entry in the program, you need a tax slip with specification of the type of that amount. How ever if you are retired, we suggest that you use T4A-RCA- Statement of distributions from a retirement compensation arrangement (RCA). Both boxes 16 and 20 will transfer their amounts to line 130. Please click on the question mark ? next to the boxes to see more details and choose what is right for your situation. Hope this will help!
  14. Hi DeannaBruyea, If you paid for your tuition fees before September 5, you can claim them all. If you made any payments after September 5, the fees are not admissible. You only should use the ON portion if you paid after September 5. On the Federal schedule 11 the education amount is no longer calculated whereas on the Ontario Schedule 11, you are still able to claim the education amount for the 7 months you attended school. Therefore, for Ontario you have 7 x $164 per month = $1148.00 + $1097.68 = $2245.68. The calculation is correct. It is not an error. Hopefully thi
  15. Antoine7

    Tax return 2016

  16. Thank you Eddie for sharing your experience with the entire community.
  17. Hi Danilo, To claim this credit, please follow the steps below: The dependant must be added to your tax file: 1. In the file of the dependant in the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Medical and disability". 2. On the screen to the right, click on the plus "+" sign icon to the right of the line "Infirmity and disability amount for the dependant" and enter the required information. 3. Go back to the "Medical and disability" and on the screen to the right, click on the plus "+" sign icon to the right of the line "Caregiver amount to claim for this depend
  18. Hi, You will find more information by visiting CRA link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/deductions-credits-expenses/line-305-amount-eligible-dependant/you-claim-amount-eligible-dependant.html
  19. Hi, Percentage interest in the partnership: leave it blank.
  20. Hi justw9, We suggest that each one of you can claim his / her own percentage of the office used for business purposes in his / her own business form: (Revenues vs. Expenses). In addition, each one of you can indicate the actual percentage used of your home for personal reasons. For more information regarding home office expenses, please consult the following links: For the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/sole-proprietorships-partnerships/report-business-income-expenses/completing-form-t2125/business-use-home-expenses.html
  21. Hi flash_os, Rental income - Multiple owners If the rental property is owned by a partnership, one of the partners in the company could be either your spouse or other people. To report a rental income, follow the steps below: 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the item "Rental income" and in the page on your right, choose "T776 - Rental income property". 2- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and choose the item "Partners". 3- In the screen on your right, you have two (2) choices, "Spouse co-owner of this renta
  22. Hi justw9, Self-employment income - Form T2125 You must include in your tax return all income earned from self-employment. This may be business, professional, commission, farming or fishing income. To enter this amount in the program, please follow the steps below: 1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup". 2. On the screen that appears on the right, go to the "Self-employment" group, check the box "Self-employed business income", also if you paid tax by instalments. Then go to the "Tax paid by instalments and tax transfer" group and check
  23. Hi, "Nullable object must have a value" The error occurs when a user is behind a PROXY or other Web service which changes the users IP address during the session in UFILE. Please try to open your account from a different location: home or office. If you still have difficulties, please try to open your account from this TEMPORARY url: https://secure2.ufile.ca Please let us know if you still receive the error message.
  24. Given the particularity of your situation, we suggest that you send your request to the UFile support group. Support@ufile.ca
  • Create New...