Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Cristina last won the day on March 22 2018

Cristina had the most liked content!

About Cristina

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, You cannot file your tax return online if your address is outside Quebec. In this case, you'll need to paper file your tax return. Please see the following link for more details about the NetFile Quebec Restrictions: https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/income-tax-return/filing-your-income-tax-return/filing-your-income-tax-return-online/general-restrictions/ In order to see the detailed assembly instructions for a tax return that is being mailed, please follow these steps: 1. Open your tax return in UFile. 2. Click on the "Interview" tab. 3. In the "Left sid
  2. Cristina

    Medical Expenses

    Hi, In the program, medical expenses must be claimed in the file of the person who incurred the expenses. To do so, please follow the steps below: 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Medical, disability, caregiver". 2- On the page to the right, choose "Medical expenses" and enter the amount of medical expenses that have not been reimbursed by a drug insurance plan. You have two options, you can: a) Enter the amounts one by one. On your right, click on the "+" sign. That allows you to add additional lines. b) Enter only the total amount on one
  3. I'm glad I could help you! Have a great day!
  4. Hi AndyCivil, Your foreign pension may qualify for a tax deduction under the terms of a treaty signed between Canada and the originating country. If you do not know whether any part of your foreign pension is tax exempt, contact the CRA. To enter the amount of your foreign pension income, follow the steps below: 1. In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" select "Interview setup". 2. On the page that appears on the right, go to the "Investment income and expenses" group, check the box "Foreign income and foreign property (T1135)" and click on "Next" at the bottom of the
  5. Hello, If you are a taxpayer who has immigrated to Canada during the current tax year, to determine whether or not you are entitled to claim the full value of deductions and credits on your tax return, you need to report the income you earned from both Canadian and foreign sources. To do so, please follow these steps: 1. In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup" page. 2. On the right-hand side of the screen, check the box for "Immigrant, emigrant or non-resident taxpayer, you are a Canadian resident and your spouse immigrated to Canada in the tax yea
  6. Hi, If the only change you do is changing who's the Family head in the file and who's the spouse of you two (yourself and your spouse), then this change should not affect the results. The result changes if you delete or change or add a dependant.
  7. Hello shinafifloo, First, you should send your tax returns for 2016 tax year and therefore the ones for 2017 tax returns. You can’t use NETFILE to file your tax return if you are filing an income tax and benefit return for the first time with the CRA and the CRA does not have your complete date of birth on record. So, based on the above CRA statement, you could try to send electronically your first federal tax return (for 2016). Unfortunately, you are not eligible to transmit electronically your 2016 tax return for Quebec, because you immigrated in 2016. So, you will have
  8. Hi jmbostick, The advantage of preparing a joint return (you and your spouse together) in the same file allows the UFile MaxBack to optimize the tax results by the transferring of credits. If you decide to use MaxBack- "Let MaxBack decide", the optimization is done automatically. The program's "MaxBack Refund Analyzer" running in the background will integrate the tax returns of all the family members in the file. NOTE: You should enter the complete information of the spouse in the following situations: 1. You wish to split eligible pension income with your spouse; 2. You wi
  9. Hi bandito, As a subcontractor, you received a "T5018 slip - Statement of Contract Payments". You should enter the information in the section "Self-employment income". To do so, please follow the steps below: .1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup" and on the screen that appears on the right in the "Self-employment" icon, check the box "Self-employed business income", also if you paid tax by instalments, go to the icon "Tax paid by instalments" and check the box "Tax paid by instalment, tax transfer for resident of Quebec" and click "Next" at the bo
  10. Hi, Please note that there is no automatic way to do this; you must create each file manually for each person. Remember to report any amount that may be carried forward. These carryforwards are generally featured on the Notice of Assessment they received in the previous year, or under the "Tax return" tab, on the "Summary of carryforward amounts" page from the previous year. You can delete a family member from your file by following this procedure: Under the tab "Interview", on the line "Family head" or the first person, select the person you want to remove and click "Delete sel
  11. Hi, You want to know how to carry forward the donations over several years and benefit from a more advantageous tax credit. As a first step, let us specify that this applies to usual charitable donations. The maximum period is 5 years. For more information on charitable donations, please consult the following links: For the federal: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/deductions-credits-expenses/line-349-donations-gifts.html For Quebec: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/c
  12. Hi FAndrei, The list of T4 slips changes, based on the selected province of Residnece from the Identification page. - If your province of residence for 2017 tax year is Quebec, then you should select the first option for T4: "T4 and Rl-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec qith QPP contributions" and enter only the boxes that you have on your paper T4 slip. - If you were a resident of any other province than Quebec for 2017 tax year, then please select the option "T4 income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions". I hope this message will help you to enter
  13. Hi FAndrei, Please follow the steps below: 1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "T4 and employment income", and on the screen, that appears on the right, choose "T4 income earned outside Quebec". 2. Enter the data from the T4 and select the province of employment in box 10. I hope this information will help you, Have a great day!
  14. Hi DKOVACS, If you use UFile ONLINE (Web), to get help, please follow the procedure below: 1. Click on "Help" menu from the top-right corner. 2. Click on the online application form ''Support request form''; 3. Complete the page by answering all the questions and describe in detail the issue that you are experiencing; 4. If you already wrote to us, please specify the request number (UFnnnnnn) and check the box "Check to authorize UFile ONLINE to VIEW your tax file". 5. Finally, click "Submit request". If you use UFile for Windows (the CD-Rom or the downloadable version)
  • Create New...