Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Winston last won the day on July 13 2020

Winston had the most liked content!

About Winston

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

468 profile views
  1. I am also getting an internal server timeout issue. Very frustrating to deal with at the moment.
  2. Enter course and exam fees as tuition fees. The membership fees might be eligible as professional fees, union dues not on a T-slip. Textbook costs are not deductible.
  3. You cannot ReFILE a return when you want to change split pension amounts, as this is specifically mentioned by CRA as an exclusion.
  4. Have you checked the page - Ontario Trillium Benefit p.1/p.2? It is separate from the refund and provincial ON479.
  5. You can put a middle name or first name and indicate they are a first-time filer or indicate a surname change. It is commonly seen on people with last name Kaur or Singh. For example, for Name: "Ramandeep Kaur", use "Ramandeep" for first name and "Kaur" for last. Or, try "Ramandeep Kaur" for first name and "Kaur" for last name. It can be done via EFILE, but it may not work for NETFILE. Unfortunately CRA cannot assist with this name issue, as a return needs to be filed for them to find any information.
  6. Did you enter their T2202 slip?
  7. It is hidden in controls section of the dependent, in between: Prior CPP election and Schedule 14 - Climate action incentive It should say: Claim this dependant as the eligible dependant on federal line 30400?
  8. Did you provide an answer to: First Name Last Name Title of the guardian or legal representative - Other and enter something under the description for the Guardian or legal representative? Those fields are required.
  9. Remove the C/O in the name field and put the Legal Representative's name on the "Care of" Line. CRA rejects the return if you put C/O in the identification field. You should put the name of the legal representative in the address section. Ufile will then automatically add the C/O where it is required.
  10. Yes, these would be claimable. Just make sure you have the document (confirmation) in case CRA needs to verify it.
  11. In RRSP section, enter '0' for amount to claim. By default, Ufile will claim all if left blank.
  12. 12-month period In this example, the taxpayers can claim eligible medical expenses for any 12-month period ending in 2019, provided the expenses were not previously claimed. When claiming expenses for other dependants, it is important to use the same 12‑month period. For example, an individual can choose to claim medical expenses paid within the period from January 2019 to December 2019. In general, medical expenses can be claimed in any 12‑month period ending in the tax year you’re filing for. Alternatively, it is acceptable to claim for the period of July 2018 t
  13. Thank you for correcting my incorrect assumption regarding the claims of non-refundable tax credits. I incorrectly assumed that Schedule 2 transfers would still be allowed except the spousal (equivalent to dependent) tax credit. Now I understand why you are trying to do what you did. If your mom or dad (works for both - see * below) is set up as the family head, then see the following screenshot below*: -removed screenshot due to attachment size limitations- *This method only works if you process each parent as a separate file; i.e. Taxfilemom.u19 and TaxfileDad.u19 - the forced
  14. Thanks for that update, I appreciate knowing that I did give the correct advice. Most of the time I don't get the confirmation that I was correct, and I would hate to give out bad advice...although I should have suggested contacting Revenu Quebec in hindsight; Quebec returns are not my area of expertise. Your post is very helpful!
  15. I Can I ask why are we attempting to suppress these lines? The answer to your question is that we can do a "Net Income only" return for the spouse. Then you would specify that the husband would not be claiming Schedule 2 Transfers. See the picture below: On the next page, you will see at the end of the page an option to claim Schedule 2 Transfers. The default is "no". However, I suggest that the S2 transfers (excluding Spousal amount, caregiver amount and Disability amount) still be claimed, unless there is a good reason not to claim them.
  • Create New...