Français
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am attempting to log into my Ufile account and cannot do so. 

I have made no changes to my account and my pw is rather secure and not remotely easy to guess.  This is very frustrating, especially considering that I never received an email from Ufile asking me to change or create a new password.  I absolutely would have caught that, if that's what happened. 

I had the same problem and it was shocking that after I chose the option of "password reset", a password reset email was sent to another email of mine which was not registered on ufile (instead of my gmail, it went to my ymail of the same name). I am glad that the other account actually belongs to me and I sent a support request form to Ufile and have not got any reply since Sunday....

p.s. I verified in my Ufile account that only one email was registered after I logged in. 

So I finally received an email from the help desk requesting needed information to reset my password. I emailed them six days ago - have not heard back since. Since who knows where that email went, I sent another request via the web form. The lack of response and timely information is really disappointing considering this is a paid service that handles confidential information. I am a long time customer, but If it doesn't change, I will be looking elsewhere

• 3 weeks later...

I have also run into the password reset problem. It's been over 12 hours and I haven't even received the automated e-mail yet in response to my password reset form submission. Have used the contact support link twice and am currently waiting to hear back.

The password reset form is terribly unfriendly and the fact this change happened without warning is unfortunate. Each year I help half a dozen or more people with their taxes using uFile. They are not technical users and there is no way they will be able to navigate the password reset process. Which means I will either need to walk each of them through it, over multiple sessions since the reset takes so long, or I'll need to introduce them to a new product.

The bottom line is uFile is likely to lose customers over this overly awkward and slow account change. I hope the company rethinks their approach and gets it fixed before the end of February.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent requests about my account but nobody responds and I've spend over an hour on hold on the phone and it's all automatic. Used Ufile for about 8 years and paid for my use in submitting last years taxes also. Now I can't even log into my account to see past years of my use for tax planning and may password is saved on my computer and hasn't changed. I see many other people having the same problem. If you can send us ads, couldn't you at least send us a link if you change your system.

I’ve been on hold for over 20 minutes and still nothing.  I’m going to stay online and wait it out so they can’t bullshit me.  I’ve been a long time customer as well and now can’t even sign into my account.  Their automated system to generate passwords doesn’t work either.  It keeps asking for my postal code which hasn’t changed in close to 20 years.  I haven’t seen pathetic service like this in a long time.  What are you doing Ufile...wake up and answer the phone!

1 hour ago, Jimmy G said:

I’ve been on hold for over 20 minutes and still nothing.  I’m going to stay online and wait it out so they can’t bullshit me.  I’ve been a long time customer as well and now can’t even sign into my account.  Their automated system to generate passwords doesn’t work either.  It keeps asking for my postal code which hasn’t changed in close to 20 years.  I haven’t seen pathetic service like this in a long time.  What are you doing Ufile...wake up and answer the phone!

Up to 1:32 so far online.  Cleary the phones aren’t being answered.

When I discovered on Dec. 1 that I couldn't login to my account, I contacted Support via email.  That email was sent just before midnight on the 1st.  It looks like I had a password reset link by around 7:30pm on Dec. 3.  So they did eventually reply.  I'd rather send an email and have them get back to me instead of sitting on the phone.  

I have attempted to reset my password multiple times with no luck- it keeps advising me to respond to an email that never comes.  I send in a request for assistance, same thing- please respond to our email (that never arrives).  Today I waited on hold for FOUR HOURS before I was abruptly disconnected.  What am i supposed to do?  I need access to my own returns!!

I'd love to sign into my account but am experiencing the same password issues as described above.  E mailed December 24th to have assistance, rec'd useless

info back outlining everything that we have all tried that didn't work.  Where is my link to reset my password?????  I am appalled at the customer service here..  Waited on the phone for 1/2 hour but gave up.

I’m having the same issues, can’t login using the same password I’ve used for years. I’ve submitted tickets a number of times and sent emails, now sitting on hold for an hour, will hang up as that doesn’t seem to be working either based on the above comments.

im concerned as I’ve always loved ufile and didn’t want to change tax preparers 

I have two accounts with UFile (business and personal) and haven't been able to login since November.  I've tried to use the automated recovery system, supplying my username, email address and requested information from past invoices but nothing seems to work.  I have verified that my usernames are correct, and like many others here, have not received any help from them.  I've been on hold for nearly an hour waiting for support.

I see suggestions here to use email, but at this point, the available discounts are set to expire, and I'm not sure that I'll be able to get them if it takes days for them to respond to my email.

The weird part is that my password works just fine for this forum, but not for logging into the program!  Go figure.

Just finished resetting my password after sending an email for HELP to “support”

Be aware that there have been changes to your password parameters. It required 3 Capitals, one symbol, one number and at least 10 characters( I think that is all but check) Also click on the bottom of the page to “choose your own” . Some of these I did not have in my new password so the reset failed and I had to request a new “ reset portal”

WHAT A PAIN. Hope this works for you

PS Don’t forget to set a question though the upper right settings.

14 hours ago, Rudester12 said:

I have been trying to access my account for weeks with no luck. Password reset has not been working. It continues to ask me for my “challenge question” as opposed to presenting me with the question. Absolutely deplorable service. Emails have gone unanswered and no answer on phone. I sincerely hope my info remains secure.

10 hours ago, Kate868 said:

I have the same issue for login. ufile asked me to reset the PW with reference number. I used the 2019 reference number but still failed. I sent the email to help last month but no reply at all. 

I tried to do today, but still failed. But the up to 30% off will end today (Jan 20). I don't know what I can do.

Hi Rudester12 and Kate868, an email has been sent to you. Please check your emails.

I'm seeing that a lot of others are having the same problem as I am. I know my password but it is not accepting it. So I pressed forgot password and it asked me for the name of my first pet, I know well enough her name and they are saying it's incorrect. If this does not become fixed I will be using another service somewhere else because this is ridiculous. I only use this for taxes once a year just to be kicked out for no reason? Not impressed.... 

I am having the same problem when I ask to reset password and then I escalate and answer all the questions correctly the response I get is that my information is incorrect.  I’ve been trying for a week. Sent email and tried calling.  Could not get through. Very unimpressed.  My account  said I created a challenge word to reset my password I do not recall ever doing that.  I wanted to log in for the discount but I missed that as well because I am not getting any response.  Very disappointed 

I have been trying since Black Friday 2020 to access and or reset the password on my account. I Submitted endless password reset requests, "contact us" forms and called a handful of times with no answer. The last time I called, an automated message said the costumer service lines were under maintenance and hung up. What is that about? I no longer wish to do business with Ufile, I only want to delete all my past years information. I am extremely concerned that my, and others, information has been compromised. Between the various hacks like Desjardins, CRA or Capital One, Ufile consumers should get answers and reassurance that their information is safe. The lack of clarity on this password reset and account access only raises questions. 

The lack of responses and solutions on this thread from Admins is concerning. An email has been sent to you doesn't address the anxiety of tax information in the wrong hands. If Ufile was hacked, consumers should be told.

Send me a password reset so I can extract what I need.