Français
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am attempting to log into my Ufile account and cannot do so. 

I have made no changes to my account and my pw is rather secure and not remotely easy to guess.  This is very frustrating, especially considering that I never received an email from Ufile asking me to change or create a new password.  I absolutely would have caught that, if that's what happened. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, I have sent 3 request online over the last month to have my password because i can't log in anymore. I have called in and no answer for over 30 minutes. How do i get my password reset?

Same here for password reset problems.  Have been a 10 year plus happy client until this year.  I tried to log in to take advantage of the 30 % for 2020 tax year.  My password would not work and was n

Same here for password reset problems.  Have been a 10 year plus happy client until this year.  I tried to log in to take advantage of the 30 % for 2020 tax year.  My password would not work and was n

Posted Images

I had the same problem and it was shocking that after I chose the option of "password reset", a password reset email was sent to another email of mine which was not registered on ufile (instead of my gmail, it went to my ymail of the same name). I am glad that the other account actually belongs to me and I sent a support request form to Ufile and have not got any reply since Sunday....

p.s. I verified in my Ufile account that only one email was registered after I logged in. 

So I finally received an email from the help desk requesting needed information to reset my password. I emailed them six days ago - have not heard back since. Since who knows where that email went, I sent another request via the web form. The lack of response and timely information is really disappointing considering this is a paid service that handles confidential information. I am a long time customer, but If it doesn't change, I will be looking elsewhere

• 3 weeks later...

I have also run into the password reset problem. It's been over 12 hours and I haven't even received the automated e-mail yet in response to my password reset form submission. Have used the contact support link twice and am currently waiting to hear back.

The password reset form is terribly unfriendly and the fact this change happened without warning is unfortunate. Each year I help half a dozen or more people with their taxes using uFile. They are not technical users and there is no way they will be able to navigate the password reset process. Which means I will either need to walk each of them through it, over multiple sessions since the reset takes so long, or I'll need to introduce them to a new product.

The bottom line is uFile is likely to lose customers over this overly awkward and slow account change. I hope the company rethinks their approach and gets it fixed before the end of February.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent requests about my account but nobody responds and I've spend over an hour on hold on the phone and it's all automatic. Used Ufile for about 8 years and paid for my use in submitting last years taxes also. Now I can't even log into my account to see past years of my use for tax planning and may password is saved on my computer and hasn't changed. I see many other people having the same problem. If you can send us ads, couldn't you at least send us a link if you change your system.

I’ve been on hold for over 20 minutes and still nothing.  I’m going to stay online and wait it out so they can’t bullshit me.  I’ve been a long time customer as well and now can’t even sign into my account.  Their automated system to generate passwords doesn’t work either.  It keeps asking for my postal code which hasn’t changed in close to 20 years.  I haven’t seen pathetic service like this in a long time.  What are you doing Ufile...wake up and answer the phone!

1 hour ago, Jimmy G said:

I’ve been on hold for over 20 minutes and still nothing.  I’m going to stay online and wait it out so they can’t bullshit me.  I’ve been a long time customer as well and now can’t even sign into my account.  Their automated system to generate passwords doesn’t work either.  It keeps asking for my postal code which hasn’t changed in close to 20 years.  I haven’t seen pathetic service like this in a long time.  What are you doing Ufile...wake up and answer the phone!

Up to 1:32 so far online.  Cleary the phones aren’t being answered.

When I discovered on Dec. 1 that I couldn't login to my account, I contacted Support via email.  That email was sent just before midnight on the 1st.  It looks like I had a password reset link by around 7:30pm on Dec. 3.  So they did eventually reply.  I'd rather send an email and have them get back to me instead of sitting on the phone.  

I have attempted to reset my password multiple times with no luck- it keeps advising me to respond to an email that never comes.  I send in a request for assistance, same thing- please respond to our email (that never arrives).  Today I waited on hold for FOUR HOURS before I was abruptly disconnected.  What am i supposed to do?  I need access to my own returns!!

I'd love to sign into my account but am experiencing the same password issues as described above.  E mailed December 24th to have assistance, rec'd useless

info back outlining everything that we have all tried that didn't work.  Where is my link to reset my password?????  I am appalled at the customer service here..  Waited on the phone for 1/2 hour but gave up.

I’m having the same issues, can’t login using the same password I’ve used for years. I’ve submitted tickets a number of times and sent emails, now sitting on hold for an hour, will hang up as that doesn’t seem to be working either based on the above comments.

im concerned as I’ve always loved ufile and didn’t want to change tax preparers 

I have two accounts with UFile (business and personal) and haven't been able to login since November.  I've tried to use the automated recovery system, supplying my username, email address and requested information from past invoices but nothing seems to work.  I have verified that my usernames are correct, and like many others here, have not received any help from them.  I've been on hold for nearly an hour waiting for support.

I see suggestions here to use email, but at this point, the available discounts are set to expire, and I'm not sure that I'll be able to get them if it takes days for them to respond to my email.

The weird part is that my password works just fine for this forum, but not for logging into the program!  Go figure.

I have been trying to access my account for weeks with no luck. Password reset has not been working. It continues to ask me for my “challenge question” as opposed to presenting me with the question. Absolutely deplorable service. Emails have gone unanswered and no answer on phone. I sincerely hope my info remains secure.

Just finished resetting my password after sending an email for HELP to “support”

Be aware that there have been changes to your password parameters. It required 3 Capitals, one symbol, one number and at least 10 characters( I think that is all but check) Also click on the bottom of the page to “choose your own” . Some of these I did not have in my new password so the reset failed and I had to request a new “ reset portal”

WHAT A PAIN. Hope this works for you

PS Don’t forget to set a question though the upper right settings.

I have the same issue for login. ufile asked me to reset the PW with reference number. I used the 2019 reference number but still failed. I sent the email to help last month but no reply at all. 

I tried to do today, but still failed. But the up to 30% off will end today (Jan 20). I don't know what I can do.

14 hours ago, Rudester12 said:

I have been trying to access my account for weeks with no luck. Password reset has not been working. It continues to ask me for my “challenge question” as opposed to presenting me with the question. Absolutely deplorable service. Emails have gone unanswered and no answer on phone. I sincerely hope my info remains secure.

10 hours ago, Kate868 said:

I have the same issue for login. ufile asked me to reset the PW with reference number. I used the 2019 reference number but still failed. I sent the email to help last month but no reply at all. 

I tried to do today, but still failed. But the up to 30% off will end today (Jan 20). I don't know what I can do.

Hi Rudester12 and Kate868, an email has been sent to you. Please check your emails.

I'm seeing that a lot of others are having the same problem as I am. I know my password but it is not accepting it. So I pressed forgot password and it asked me for the name of my first pet, I know well enough her name and they are saying it's incorrect. If this does not become fixed I will be using another service somewhere else because this is ridiculous. I only use this for taxes once a year just to be kicked out for no reason? Not impressed.... 

I am having the same problem when I ask to reset password and then I escalate and answer all the questions correctly the response I get is that my information is incorrect.  I’ve been trying for a week. Sent email and tried calling.  Could not get through. Very unimpressed.  My account  said I created a challenge word to reset my password I do not recall ever doing that.  I wanted to log in for the discount but I missed that as well because I am not getting any response.  Very disappointed 

I’m having the same login password issue as people above have mentioned. Filled out the online form a week ago, but no response from Ufile and called multiple times and waited for hours and Ufile automated voice hung me up. Please help. 

I have been trying since Black Friday 2020 to access and or reset the password on my account. I Submitted endless password reset requests, "contact us" forms and called a handful of times with no answer. The last time I called, an automated message said the costumer service lines were under maintenance and hung up. What is that about? I no longer wish to do business with Ufile, I only want to delete all my past years information. I am extremely concerned that my, and others, information has been compromised. Between the various hacks like Desjardins, CRA or Capital One, Ufile consumers should get answers and reassurance that their information is safe. The lack of clarity on this password reset and account access only raises questions. 

The lack of responses and solutions on this thread from Admins is concerning. An email has been sent to you doesn't address the anxiety of tax information in the wrong hands. If Ufile was hacked, consumers should be told.

Send me a password reset so I can extract what I need.  

I got 2 password reset emails sent to an email address that I don't use with my Ufile account, but when I try to request the username for that account, that clearly exists bc of the password reset emails, nothing is sent to me. Narwal can you please send me a username and password reset to this email? thank you! I am worried someone brute force hacked an old account of mine... 

Same here for password reset problems.  Have been a 10 year plus happy client until this year.  I tried to log in to take advantage of the 30 % for 2020 tax year.  My password would not work and was not able to reset.  Followed instructions and sent email for assistance.  Waited over week for answer which gave several options, but did not address the password reset required to open account.  Phone lines are busy and they do not provide a toll free number.  You would expect a email advising of changes to account.  Hum maybe another company going forward.

Same here for password reset problems.  Have been a 10 year plus happy client until this year.  I tried to log in to take advantage of the 30 % for 2020 tax year.  My password would not work and was not able to reset.  Followed instructions and sent email for assistance.  Waited over week for answer which gave several options, but did not address the password reset required to open account.  Phone lines are busy and they do not provide a toll free number.  You would expect a email advising of changes to account.  Hum maybe another company going forward.

Same problem, I never get email from web page request... 😒  I have phoned ufile support, and got promise to fix that thru phone. then I got an email asking me to provide more information weeks ago. but so far, there is no any response further. I have being used ufile for 10 years. but now I can't login. that's very sad.   Can ufile fix this problem ASAP?  

Please!! please!! please!!! 

Having same issue not being able to log in. Used same password - doesn't work. Tried resetting password but it asks me for a phrase which I don't recall ever doing this. Filled out the reset password form with correct info but no luck. Received two automated emails with links but no still no way to reset password.

Update: Received reset password email and now can log in. Thank you uFile!

Edited by Jason M
update

I can't log in. I got my password reset email and changed the password but THE NEW PASSWORD DOESN'T WORK. I opened a ticket and got a response 2 weeks later with a bunch of FAQ links that don't have to do with this issue. I've requested help again but I'm really appalled. Been using Ufile for many years and this does not make me want to continue using them.

why is ufile making this so difficult for everyone. I have sent multiple help requests and all i get in return is a link to fAqs, none of which is helpful. is it time to use turbotax?

finally got in after several weeks by trying all the possible answers to my security question. there must be an easier way.

Edited by chefandrew
new info

I’ve been getting nowhere fast trying to get my password reset as well. I don’t understand why your password reset doesn’t work like any other system. If you know your previous password (and I do!) you should be able to enter the old password and then enter a new one. 

UFILE ADMIN: Please help me reset my password. Otherwise your competitor will be getting my business. 

Same problem here. Went to log in, but I was prompted to reset my password. No problem. Went through all the prompts, I was supposed to receive and email within 15 minutes. Nothing has arrived for 2 days. Was on hold at ufile for over an hour. I gave up. Tried the email option. Not good either. I've been using this product for years. This is the first time I have had a problem. They need to get it fixed soon or they are going to lose a lot of customers. 

I have been trying for close to a month to access my account.  I don't remember providing a phrase or word for password resets and it keeps asking me for one.  I have been using Ufile for 0ver 10 years now and this is the first time this has happened.  I am also having trouble with both my adult daughter's accounts.  I have attempted to email for support, call for support and no answers!!  This is so frustrating.  I don't want to have to start over cause all my past info was saved on this account and it was really easy to just recall.  Any way to get help faster?

If the phone isn't going to be answered or the Emails responded to, what is the point of offering support?  This is unacceptable. 

I sent a support email 3 days ago, have been trying to contact via phone multiple times, on hold for 30+ minutes each time and nothing.   Also, legit question!  Is the hold volume indented to drive people away? Because it's ear drum busting loud.  I literally have my speaker phone on, volume minimum, with a ball of tissue and tape over the speaker to make it somewhat bearable. 

If people had to register here and enter their plea for help to get served, It should have directly stated that in the support email!!

I have used Ufile for many years. In the past any question I had was answered CORRECTLY and PROMPTLY. Ufile has requested clients to change passwords for 2020. They have added a “challenge question/phrase” !! I’m completely mystified!! Banks for example ask a client to choose phrases and the client assigns an answer to the security questions. Ufile has missed that step and they jump to “enter challenge phrase/?” I WAS NEVER asked to set up a “challenge phrase/?. I am locked out of my account because I can’t answer the “challenge phrase/?” Therefore, Unable to change password. I’ve also tried email and phone. On hold 3 times for 25 minutes each time. I get automated email replies that DO NOT help me solve the problem. Has Ufile changed service provider? ?? If so, you will lose many clients unless you solve the issue/reply to requests for help soon. IN THE PAST Ufile was easy to use and provided excellent support. 

I have used Ufile for many years. In the past any question I had was answered CORRECTLY and PROMPTLY. Ufile has requested clients to change passwords for 2020. They have added a “challenge question/phrase” !! I’m completely mystified!! Banks for example ask a client to choose phrases and the client assigns an answer to the security questions. Ufile has missed that step and they jump to “enter challenge phrase/?” I WAS NEVER asked to set up a “challenge phrase/?. I am locked out of my account because I can’t answer the “challenge phrase/?” Therefore, Unable to change password. I’ve also tried email and phone. On hold 3 times for 25 minutes each time. I get automated email replies that DO NOT help me solve the problem. Has Ufile changed service provider? ?? If so, you will lose many clients unless you solve the issue/reply to requests for help soon. IN THE PAST Ufile was easy to use and provided excellent support. 

I’m having exact same issue and we’re in 2021. Why haven’t Ufile fix this issue every user is complaining about. This really really sucks and a very poor service. We’re now in a tax season and not having access to your tax file when you need it is unacceptable. TIME TO LOOK FOR A BETTER SERVICE PROVIDER.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:51 PM, Charlie said:

So I finally received an email from the help desk requesting needed information to reset my password. I emailed them six days ago - have not heard back since. Since who knows where that email went, I sent another request via the web form. The lack of response and timely information is really disappointing considering this is a paid service that handles confidential information. I am a long time customer, but If it doesn't change, I will be looking elsewhere

On 12/8/2020 at 5:51 PM, Charlie said:

I am having the same issue. I have provided my receipt from last year, and answered all of the other questions. Still nothing but auto replies. So frustrated.

susan ledden sledden@bell.net

I thought it was me. I've been a customer since 2011 and can't log in or reset my password. There has been no response for days. I don't have a phrase or receipt number, since I can't figure out how to get one. If my information wasn't all in here I would seriously consider going somewhere else.

Like others, I am unable to log in and/or reset my password.  I've sent a service request, but after reading the other posts - I won't hold my breath for an answer anytime soon!  This is really frustrating and who wants to have to create a new account and lose access to your previous returns.  I'm surprised that UFile hasn't addressed this yet - things are going to get crazy in a few weeks when EVERYONE is trying to access their accounts!

Same as everyone here.  Have been a Ufile customer for 10 years, can't log in, last year's receipt doesn't work and I can't buy Ufile this year and get a receipt number BECAUSE I CAN'T LOG IN!! I get auto-generated emails, I've tried replying to those emails with no response, I've tried calling and sit on hold for 45 minutes and give up.  TERRIBLE SERVICE.  If any admin on here can send me some kind of password reset link, it would be greatly appreciated.

M

I am in the same boat as all of the above. My old password no longer works, and I've just received a barrage of automatic e-mails which do not help. How frustrating ... it asks for some sport of phrase ... whaaat? I'd just appreciate an e-mail from a human being so that I can update my password. 😀 I love the software, but have not had this problem in the past.

BTW .. hope you all are doing as well as possible during these weird times ... 

I have not changed my login credentials with UFile since last tax year. Why can't I access my account now? Unable to change password and being asked for a username which I never used in the past. It's frustrating to have my account locked without any communication whatsoever from UFile... very poor customer relations.