Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, I have sent 3 request online over the last month to have my password because i can't log in anymore. I have called in and no answer for over 30 minutes. How do i get my password reset?

Same here for password reset problems.  Have been a 10 year plus happy client until this year.  I tried to log in to take advantage of the 30 % for 2020 tax year.  My password would not work and was n

Same here for password reset problems.  Have been a 10 year plus happy client until this year.  I tried to log in to take advantage of the 30 % for 2020 tax year.  My password would not work and was n

Posted Images

Hello,

I'm having the same problem has everyone else. My Dad can't login and the password reset feature is not working. His username is bert@gmail.com. I had problems last year but I was able to eventually reset my password. We are going to miss the 15% discount (Feb 17th is today) if I can't resolve things. Sent a message to tech support but I just got the same links that I've tried already.

@cubexyz @DISPLAYNAME

My mother is in the same boat. For my account support responded promptly and I had no problems resetting my password as UFile had suggested (because our passwords which were not wrong stopped working after the layer of security UFile implemented), but for my mother's account that was not the case. It was actually completely the opposite. She already submitted the form 3 times, 3 times got the email she needed to reply to and 3 times she reply explaining the problems without an answer.

Among the problems she is experiencing are questions we cannot answer, like payment receipt number (her taxes are free because of her age) word or phrase to reset password, we never set that up, security question sure but not security phrase word. Unresponsive support (all her 3 emails and cases have gone unanswered).

We have been with ufile for 10 years and it has always been great. Now they added that "security layer", locked us out making our passwords useless, which is ok but the random customer service that can go to extremes, either fantastic or atrocious, makes things challenging.

I guess I am being forced to do mine in UFile and do hers in SimpleTax which has fantastic reviews. If that works and simple tax is good and my mom losses her account I guess I will have to move all to another software. That would be a shame.

Anyone of you managed to solve the mystery of this reset password none sense? did anyone of you end up getting support?

I have a similar problem.  My email address was changed and due to the 'server move' and being forced to change my password, I was unable to do so.   I submitted two separate support requests, (675023 being the most current), and called 3 times.  I got a single email back asking to confirm my personal details, which I did, and nothing for several days since.  The agents over the phone are not very helpful keep telling me to just wait but I need to gain access now to verify key information from a return in the past.  This is very frustrating and I may be looking elsewhere as well.

Dave

I tried to log in and it says my password expired. Why did I not get a notification? When I try to reset the password it asks me for a passphrase. I have never set up a passphrase. These changes are very inconvenient. I sent in a help request #UF677763. Waiting with extreme frustration...

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I tried resetting my password using the reference numbers from my receipts from the previous three years, but none of them worked.

It would be great if I could get assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

I have been with Ufile for around 20 years.  I guess at that time there were no security questions etc.  Looks like there have been some changes and my password isn't strong enough and I have to reset it, which I can't.  I sent in an e-mail ticket on Feb 18th, and no reply as of yet.  Today I spent an hour on hold only to be told to wait for the e-mail.  Your system may be fantastic but your customer service is terrible.  I need access, and  I can only wait so long before I head to someone else.  I am here on the forum as a last resort to get this fixed. 

I have been UFile customer for many years, and no longer able to log in. Please reset my password for account associated with my email, thx!

I took same steps as others have reported, but still unsuccessful so I am posting here to have my password reset. (Provided security question answers and receipt number).  Please assist.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, Rogerroll said:

Same story here.

I put in a reference number from last year's receipt, that i received in my registered email address' inbox but it tells me my information doesn't match their records.

Please send me a pw reset to the above email address.

Thank you

Received my reset email. Now up and running! 

Thanks!

Hi all, I have all the same problems everyone has posted. I have been using UFile  for years.   I have not had issues signing into my account. I tried several times using the same password to no avail. Tried to reset it, but it is sent the reset link to an old email address that I no longer have access to. I have sent several help request, but all it does is tell me how to sign into my account  and then where to reset my password.  Well that will not help as I cannot sign in to my account because your system is not recognising my password.. so how do I change my password... Now I realize I am not going crazy and that many people are having the same issues. I need access to my former tax returns, so really need a response to this..

Tried to login, won't accept my accurate password, and has still not sent me the password link to my email even though I know the email is also accurate. I think they should have atleast allowed us to login and then forced us to change the password, this is insane. I file my mom's taxes using this service as well, and now can't get into that account either even though that password is accurate as well.

Ive been using Ufile for 10 years and have been having this password issue since December. They emailed me back with some generic email that was not helpful at all. It was convenient having all the old information preloaded but I think its time to make the switch somewhere else now. 

8 hours ago, LouisB said:

I'm not getting any help.  They sent a reset email to my old recovery email which is no longer valid.  The login with the reference number on receipt does not work. Been with them since 2002.  

2 HOUR LATER

After sending an email today, I received a reply for a password reset with my email corrected.  I am happy to have access to my account. The reply was within 2 hours of sending my request for support.  The response was fast and effective.

I am very satisfied for the support provided.

Like many others, I have been asked to change my PW by entering a catchphrase etc that I've never set up. Why not let someone log into their account first andthen change it if it requires more security?! Sent the reply to the automated email, so hopefully will hear back soon. 

Wow incredible.. just incredible. Guess the admin is just going to pick and choose who to help and ignore the rest. At first I gave them the benefit of the doubt, thinking they might've missed me, although unlikely given I tagged them. Tagged them a second time hoping to get some help and once again, my request gets ignored, while he replies to another user. Fuck this.

I have tried to log in multiple times. All my previous years was filed (10+) under Ufile.

Password reset is not working. I have not received any email to help so far. Very frustrating.

I see other members requested reset after me and already received reset. Nawal please Help.

Thanks

Scott

Edited by Scott Dexter
more info

I tried to wander through the password change procedure (which pictures have taxis or busses or crosswalks in them?) only to be confronted with a demand for my verification question. I didn't think that's how it's supposed to work. I thought it was ask me the question and I'll answer it. Anyway, I don't know such a thing, maybe I did ten years ago or more when I started using ufile. Submitted a help request and got an email back (how I got here) and then tried to phone in; half hour wait with nasty hold music only to have connection fail. Tech phoned back once and connection failed again, after struggling to get them to understand my email address as if I were trying to send it to a ship in the mid pacific in 1955 using my HF radio and the phonetic alphabet. Never heard back again; replied to service ticket email but nothing thus far. Taking a look at turbotax; probably the way to go.

Same problem here. I KNOW that I haven't changed my password, yet I get an error message.  Has UFile been hacked?

Was unsuccessful in trying to change my password following the automated process, and have now been on hold for about 1 hour.

@Nawalcould you reset my password?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, JeffB said:

Like many others, I have been asked to change my PW by entering a catchphrase etc that I've never set up. Why not let someone log into their account first andthen change it if it requires more security?! Sent the reply to the automated email, so hopefully will hear back soon. 

@Nawal Could you please send me a password reset? Thanks in advance

On the login page of Ufile, it reads: "As part of this process, we have introduced a new level of security for passwords requiring that you create a new password for your account. Select Change or reset your password below to use UFile’s automated tool to change or reset your password."

As a result of the new policy of Ufile stated above, I attempted to reset my password; however the system asks me a security question. I forget the answer to that question, so I cannot continue with the rest of the procedure to change my password.

Today, on Feb 26 at 9:00 am eastern time, I called 1-514-733-8414 for your customer support. I explained to your agent that I had forgotten the answer to my security question for changing my password. Your agent told me that I would be receiving an email today, which contains a link to change my password without having to answer any security questions. 

However, at the current time (your closing time for today), I still have not received any emails for directing me to change my password. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

@Nawal  Please send me a link which I can click to change my password without answering any security questions.

My Ufile user name: cmbliu

Hi there, the issue with this is that I’ve been going through all my backup data and I cannot find my reference number. Is there not a way to do rather I‘ve been trying to log in all week. I’m totally fed up right now. 

I also called the customer service today and I was asked security questions but couldn’t answer. The CS personnel told me they were sending a link to update password but there’s no link in there just to change password it’s just telling me to enter the reference number from last year again which I don’t have. 

please advice! 

This is absolutely ridiculous.  I've been using UFile for so many years, and I'm locked out of my account.  Why are they forcing me to change my password?  I need to get in to determine what I want to contribute for the RSP amount, great time for them to decide to lock people out!  And when I try to reset my password, it asks for a "challenge" phrase, why can't it give a hint like every other system on the face of the earth.  Or it gives me the totally useless option of finding a year old receipt that I had no reason to keep!  Real clever thinking there... let's make our system so secure that even our legit users can't get it.

Thanks for making this a terrible experience UFile!

I just faced the same issue logging in. I have not changed my PW, yet won't accept it. Tried PW change, did find my old receipt from last year  and entered the reference number. No success. Called the Montreal phone number, offices closed till Monday. replied to the help email I received, now will wait and see. 

Leon.

@Nawal  I have waited since Feb 6th for a reply to my support email same as everyone else here.

I have a really old account, so I don't have any of new stuff implemented in the update to enter.   

I use a password manager to login, so I know my username and password are correct from what they were when I did my taxes last year.

Would really appreciate it if I could get the password recovery email for my account, otherwise I'm going to have to start a return on another service.

I am having the same issues.  It won't let me log in with the password that I know is correct. Then it asks for a challenge phrase and not a security question.  Then a receipt number from last year.

I have been using this service for a long time and never had any issues.

I have emailed three times and tried calling numerous times.

Please send me a password reset email.

@Nawalcan I get an email reset too

I am beyond frustrated at this point.  I received an email saying that another email from a sketchy address would be sent to me and I would only have 8 hrs to reset my password and that was a day ago.  At this point, my personal information has been stolen.  The fact that so many of us have been locked out of our accounts is ridiculous.  You call and wait for hours or they are closed.

On 2/26/2021 at 9:04 AM, RPod said:

Same problem here. example after example above tells me Ufile is not improving after many years of use. if I don't get an answer short Im out.

I assumed "Nawal" would send something with out me specifically naming the person for it, but I have seen anything so Ill give that a try...

Nawal, please send me the link to reset my password. 

Exact same story as everyone else on this board. Ufile user for several years, on hold now for aver an hour and a half, unable to reset my password.

This is ridiculous that so many people are having the same issue.

@Nawal please send me a link to reset. 

Same issue, sent a "contact" us right from site.  Received an email back that was useless.  I started using Ufile 8-9 years ago, have never had this issue and I do not remember setting up a challenge phrase so thats a dead end.  Tried to call and got a "this number isn't taking calls right now" auto reply!   Very frustrated I just want to access MY account.

@Nawal Same story, been using uFile services for years.

All of a sudden password no longer working. Call and waited for hours and still no one picks up.

How can I reset that? and no I don't remember "challenge phrase"  Because I've been using uFiles for years without needed that challenge phrase.

Please help!!!

HELP I am in the same boat, called them in January on hold for forever, waited today for over an hour, no answer. I emailed them.. nothing just an auto response. Today is RRSP deadline and I have been waiting for a password reset for my entire family of 5 that I do taxes for. Can someone please help me now to reset this. UF689349 @Nawal

@NawalAfter hours of waiting over the phone and was told they will forward this issue to another department so they will send me an email to reset my password.

5 hours later and I've yet to receive any email to reset my password.

At this point I think it's fair to start looking for other company to do my tax from no on.

Any good suggestion everyone?

@Nawal, please help!  I've run into the exact same issues as many people on here.  I can no longer login to Ufile and the reset link doesn't work for me.  Entered in all the information being asked and I still get an error message.  I also called the support line with no luck.  Was on hold for over an hour.  I have also been emailing the support team with no responses so far.  Completely 100% agree with what many are saying on this forum.  Ufile has a responsibility to its customers and should make a formal communication as to what is going on and how to remedy the situation.  By leaving everyone in the dark and struggling to get access to their profiles especially during tax season leaves a very bad impression with your customers.

Same issue as others. Have been trying to log in for days but Ufile will not accept my login info I have been using for years. Followed all suggestions. Nothing works. Sent an Email but no response. Tried calling several times past several days but kept on hold for hours and simply gave up. Since Ufile is not providing help nor issuing a public notice as to the reason so many users are having the same problem, I cannot rely on Ufile anymore. I am actively looking at other providers. If I require details from previous tax filings I will obtain these from CRA. Ufile get your act together!

Here I thought it was just me having issues!  Couldn't log in even though I never changed my password. Also tried resetting with the Reference Number from my Ufile invoice from last year but no luck. Sent an email to the HelpDesk but no response.  Very frustrating given I've been a user for over 10 years. Any assistance from NAWAL would be appreciated.

@Nawal
Hi there, I have tried multiple times to access my ufile account & keep getting the same error in not being able to access my account, let alone the ability to get a reset link. Can you please send me a reset password link so I can do so so I can file my tax's? thanks

Terry (my account username is the same on here)

I cannot receive my password reset email as it is being sent to an address that is no longer active. I have called and emailed to try and get my email address changed on my account but nothing is working, I was told I would receive a reset password email to my new address but have received nothing, don't know what to do next!!??

Please send a password reset email to this address........PLEASE!!!