Français
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ufile for Windows 2020 Installation Problem

I am having problem installing Ufile for Windows 2020 on my desktop. I downloaded the Ufile2020.exe file to my Desktop, when I tried to open the file, nothing happened. I then tried right click on the file and select Run as Administrator, User Account Control came back with a message saying "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" I clicked Yes, then it just disappear. My desktop is running Windows 10.

Hi Julius Sy, please try this:

1. Click the following link to begin the download of UFile for Windows:

2. Click on "Download your 2020 version of UFile for Windows".

3. Save the file to your desktop.

4. From your desktop, run the file "UFile2020.exe" to install the program.

The first time you run UFile, you will be asked to enter your UFile activation key.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 11:29 PM, Julius Sy said:

I am having problem installing Ufile for Windows 2020 on my desktop. I downloaded the Ufile2020.exe file to my Desktop, when I tried to open the file, nothing happened. I then tried right click on the file and select Run as Administrator, User Account Control came back with a message saying "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" I clicked Yes, then it just disappear. My desktop is running Windows 10.

I am having the identical problem! Clarke

I am having the very same problem as shown above---I followed the link shown but but it does not work on my desktop. I have tried downloading using both Chrome and Edge and it appears to only download a partial file. The whole file should be approx 72Mb but it seems the download starts at 57mb and goes to 72mb. I have used this program for a good many years and have never had this happen. Something else is that I have installed it on my laptop with NO problems and I registered using the above email. Both computers are running the latest versions of Win 10. I'd appreciate any help in this matter,

Thank you,

John S.

Similarly, I've downloaded, deleted, and redownloaded Ufile2020.exe various times over the past month and tried to install on my desktop or my tablet (both running current Windows 10). Will not open or "Run as Administrator." A User since 2004, no prior issues in installations. Note: Dropdown under Ufile.exe "Properties" indicates, under "General" tab and "Description" heading..."Contact: Your Local Administrator". Download size is 72.3mb

So,... how might I go about making this a viable and operational Ufile2020.exe?

Also, I've sent 3 emails to customer service regarding this and received no response whatsoever. Not even a generic responding email to acknowledge receipt of my enquiry (along with a transcript of the query), as many other customer inquiry websites do?   

Edited by Lurch3w4
Clarification to Ufile year

It may have to do with the fact that Adobe Flash is either interfering with the installation or the removal of Adobe Flash because it no longer is supported is prohibiting the initiation of the installation. Either way, there has to be a workaround.

January 13, 2021

Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page

Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.  

Some users may continue to see reminders from Adobe to uninstall Flash Player from their system.  See below for more details on how to uninstall Flash Player.

I solved the problem for my situation (and hopefully for others as well).  I had previously changed the Windows 10 Environment Variables TEMP and TMP folder values to point to another drive (i.e. from C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp to D:\Doug\Temporary Files) to save space on my SSD C:\  drive.  When I reverted back to the default settings, and did a restart, I was able to install UFile 2020, register it, and start entering data.  I will contact UFile with this information and I hope that they will pass it along to any others suffering from this problem.

Use:  Control Panel (small icons) > System > About > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables    to get to the TEMP and TMP settings.

Good Luck!

On 1/20/2021 at 10:04 AM, Clarke Qualie said:

Same installation problem as others. Win 10 Pro Dell laptop. All patched and updated. 

Shitty support from UFile. Unlikely that I will purchase this product again. More than a decade of product usage, never had a an install problem until this version.

Somewhere in one of these forums I found directions to a ufile2020.zip download. I unzipped it and hit setup.exe and it installed ufile2020 and I was able to open it and input the license key and that was it. Problem solved. Your job is to find out where the hell I found that info because i can't remember and was just poking around when I ran across it in one of the Ufile forums.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:38 AM, Nawal said:

The first time you run UFile, you will be asked to enter your UFile activation key.

Blocks saying it could harm my computer

Figured out how to successfully download the file after attempting for the last 5 weeks. As Clarke mentions there is another blog stream with the zip download file. It compresses the file, then you go back to unzip and hit the exe application and it magically worked.

•  

Download and unzip the file:

https://d36v5w8x42ah5y.cloudfront.net/ufile/UF2020ANGH18GHVFENA678KL3P7C5/ufile2020.zip

Double click on "setup.exe" to begin the installation.
Save and unzip the file, then run setup.exe to install the software.

I have attempted both "fixes" as listed below.  Neither one works.  No response from UFile Support.

On 2/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, Cruiseman said:

Figured out how to successfully download the file after attempting for the last 5 weeks. As Clarke mentions there is another blog stream with the zip download file. It compresses the file, then you go back to unzip and hit the exe application and it magically worked.

•  

Download and unzip the file:

https://d36v5w8x42ah5y.cloudfront.net/ufile/UF2020ANGH18GHVFENA678KL3P7C5/ufile2020.zip

Double click on "setup.exe" to begin the installation.
Save and unzip the file, then run setup.exe to install the software.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:38 AM, Nawal said:

This is the same issue I have.  It seems to be installed but when I click it, nothing happens.  What is weirder is on the Task Manager the program is running (apparently).  Customer service told me to uninstall it and reinstall it like I haven't attempted that multiple times.  I am so frustrated I am going to have to escalate the issue further.  I have been using this program for YEARS and had no issues.  Annoying.  

I was able to get the program to install after noticing the following error in the event viewer system log

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
 and APPID 
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
 to the user computerName\User SID (****) 
 from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). 
 This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I had to change the owner of the appid and clsid to my user using regedit,

then using dcomcnfg.exe, I added the local service to the PerAppRuntimeBroker (value in the Default key for the CLSID registry entry) security and gave it the Local Activation permission.

The path for the PerAppRuntimeBroker was Component Services>Computers>My computer>DCOM Config

I rebooted my machine and was able to install the Ufile2020.exe program

I had the same problem - using Windows 10 Home latest version 20H2, but did solve the problem.

I have found a workaround to get the UFILE2020 program installed without too much additional work.  With the latest version of Windows 10, if you are logged onto Windows with your regular account (even though you may have administrator privileges), something is blocking the program from installing.  To install it you need to log-on as the built-in Windows 10 administrator.

When you initially set-up Windows 10 on your computer, the administrator account is disabled, so you don't see it as a choice on the log-in screen.  You need to activate the built-in administrator account.  It is a pretty simple process.

1. Right click on the Windows start icon, which will open a pop-up window
  2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin) to open the command screen.  If you only have Command Prompt to select from, pick that and select "Run as Administrator"
  3. In the command screen type:    net user administrator /active:yes    press ENTER
  4. To set the administrator password, type:  net user administrator *    press ENTER
  5. You will be prompted to enter a password and once you do that and press enter you will need to re-enter the password to confirm it
  6. You can close the command window
  7. Right click on the Windows start icon again and select SIGN OUT from the pop-up menu
  8. Windows will sign you out and the log-in screen will appear, showing both the Administrator and your normal user name
  9. Sign-on as Adminstrator.  Windows will set-up a new user, which will take 5 - 10 minutes
  10. Go to the UFILE site and download the program again (It won't be in the DOWNLOADS because the DOWNLOADS folder is associated with the current user account that is logged-in.
  11. Install the program and activate it.
  12. Sign out of the Administrator account and log-on to your regular account
  13. When you open the UFILE2020 program from your account you will need to activate it again, since it detects a "new" user.

I hope this is a help.

RDD

•