Français
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ufile asking me to pay, again.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have paid more than once too. They will certainly provide refunds and likely a nice discount for all these issues😄

I have used this program for a very long time and it has always worked well. I am willing to give them the time to get their stuff together before I think of switching.

Lets get all this crap resolved this week UFILE!

On 2/15/2021 at 6:23 AM, Nawal said:

Hi @BobTax, if you're being asked to pay again when you launch your program, please ignore it. You will be able to view your tax return at step 4 .

it still does not allow me to view my tax return at step 4 even though I prepaid. 

I could not access my original account because I did not know the answer to a secret phrase. I did not know I had a secret phrase, so it was suggested to me to start a new one. I did. Then I got the offer to prepay after I set up the new account. 

I also paid in November, but is now being shown the red "PAY NOW!" banner.  I am sure that when I am ready to file, Ufile will ask me to pay again !

Sent them a request online and received back a nonsensical list of "answers" and no "Option 3" to click on.

Now sitting on hold on the phone for over an hour !!

I need an answer from a human in charge at Ufile -- anybody ??

I have already paid for UFile, even says Paid Thank You in banner, however, when I get to my 2nd dependent's tax return for step 4 it says almost done, you need to pay for family head first to continue, then kicks me back to interview screen. I have already paid, and in fact already submitted 3 of 4 tax returns, but it is caught in a loop with this 4th return, doesn't even bring me anywhere to pay, simply goes back to interview screen of family head. Makes no sense, any ideas??

1 hour ago, Nawal said:

Hi @nukeman11, we suggest you to contact our support team at support@ufile.ca to help you more.

I was on hold for an hour this AM finally got a hold of someone to help, she gave me the voucher code which allowed me to get 3 of my 4 returns, now I have this issue, I have called twice again, both times no agents available try again later after waiting 15 minutes on hold. I have had 2 support tickets into the email you provided since Thursday and am not getting any response. So support is suspect at best, great as long as you can get someone's ear, but been trying all day to do that.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:03 PM, Roxie said:

I paid for 2020 Ufile online back in November and now when I click on the Tax Return tab it asks me to pay again. How do I get past this?

I have the exact same problem as you have Roxie.  I have sent messages to UFILE with no replies and please don't bother phoning them because you'll be waiting all day without anyone ever answering your call.  I have been with UFILE for many years and now I'm seriously considering looking elsewhere for a tax program.

Same thing. My "paid" banner turned into a "pay now" banner halfway through entering my info in the Interview section. I have been on hold for nearly an your and have received no response to my e-support request (an auto-response was to have been received within 15 minutes; nothing). 

Judging by the posts above, this is an actual problem that UFILE should be addressing with some effort. 

I tried to get hold of UFILE support on another matter when I purchased this year's software in November and have yet to receive any response. Very frustrating. 

OMG!   This is crazy.  I’ve spent an entire day trying to resolve this problem.

I purchased UFile (4 Tax Returns) when I received a promotion card  in the mail several weeks ago.

I Finally was able to NETFILE my husband’s return after many many attempts , but now Im unable to submit mine or my son’s. 

This huge glitch, which sooo many of people are experiencing) should of be fixed prior to filing season.  Not good enough.  

I have tried all modes of contact for help with no such luck.  Bunch of web responses which didn’t work.

At least I cooked supper this past hour while I’m waiting on the phone!

I just spent 2 hours waiting for a live person.  Get a hold of this.

The problem everyone is experiencing is based on what we thought we were purchasing.

Apparently, I purchased UFile ON LINE/web & NOT the WIndows version.  Even though I thought I was still purchasing for 4 returns package, it was actually for 1.   I didn’t go to their website & download it  I just signed on to ufile & continued from there  

Soooo misleading. 

I actually didn’t know until now that there is a difference.   However,  It is now resolved

Edited by Linda Withers
I was mistaken
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. Last Thursday, I sent the following to support@ufile.ca and have received no response. Please help.

"I prepaid for filing my tax returns online, on Feb. 17, 2021. I am now trying to submit, and the system is saying I have to pay for my husband's file separately. Please help me with this."

I have the same problem of being asked to pay again but I cannot, when I click OK it moves onto the payment page which just keeps loading in an endless loop, it is impossible to enter data.  This happened before when I tried to pay in advance to get a discount.  Now it will not let me file because it will not let me pay.  I e-mail support previously and got no result.  I just tried e-mail again today after 78 minutes on hold.  I just tried, call it 4:30 pm on April 12.  I owe money so I need this resolved soon.  Thank you.

P.S.  Just checked my e-mail and as I was typing I received this reply:

"Thank you for contacting UFile support.  Please open your tax return in a different web browser : Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, Opera or Safari." to this question:

"How do I file, the program keeps freezing on the payment page, it just loads endelssly, I cannot get out.  Also, it does not seem to recognizethat I already paid for my primary return.Iam running Firefox 85.0.2 on macOS Big Sur version 11.1.  The computer is a new MacbookPro.Thanks, Greg"

Notice how the advice is to try using Firefox when I am already using Firefox?  That is pretty disappointing.

P.P.S. Just tried Chrome on Windows, same problem.