Français
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I entered my CERB payment in Box 197 as indicated above. I then got an error message that says, "Both fields must be filled." There are 17 empty fields on this page--none corresponding with a filled field on my T4A slip. What is Ufile asking me to do here"?

Hi HDR. Nawal's directions indicated you need to scroll down on the T4A data entry screen and look for an area for "Other Information". Open up the box there and head down looking for the line for CERB and specifically select that. It appears you have entered the CERB on another line and that is why you are getting an error message as the software thinks you have entered an amount that may require a self-employment statement.

The drop down at the line for "Other Information" has several data lines and you need to be careful and select the specific line for CERB.  

Thanks for your reply. I think I did this correctly. I scrolled down in the box designated "Other Information" and chose the line that says "[197] Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)." I then entered the amount in the box to the right (beside a smaller box that says 028+). The error message appeared after that. Is there any other box on this form that I should be filling out?

Hi HDR. Ok you have entered something somewhere else that is causing that problem. Make sure there are no other entries in the data fields. Go back and carefully review the data entry. There has to be something else entered in a data box that should not be there. Perhaps you can post the specific error message? 

Hi TS. I looked through the form carefully. Only two boxes contained date: the unnumbered top one, where I wrote Govt. of Canada, and Box 197 as previously described. I tried deleting the entire form and opening a new one. This time, I entered exactly the same information and had no problem--and no error message. I don't what happened there, but the problem seems to be solved. Thanks for your interest. Much appreciated.