Français
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Working at Home Due to COVID-19 - Temporary flat rate method

Go to Employment Expenses, in the "Employment and other Benefits" section in the “Interview Setup”. Then select 

"T777S - Employment expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19 - Temporary flat rate method". Input YES in the first box and the number of days in the second box, it will populate line 22900 on your Tax return

1 hour ago, Craig McPherson said:

I'm in Quebec and I cannot find anywhere to add Employment Expenses and Employment and Other Benefits to select yes to the Working from Home Due to Covid 19. A search of  the help files turns up nothing.

Same here,

In employment expenses I see, which is the Federal way:

Employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 - Temporary flat rate method

However in Quebec we have the form TP-59.S-V, after searching it for hours I could not find it on Ufile.

https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/online-services/forms-and-publications/current-details/tp-59-s/ 

Hi Luis Estrada. Usually completion of the data areas on the Federal T777S would populate the Quebec TP-59.S-V form. After completing the Ufile data area for the T777S switch over to view your return and the Quebec form should show up. Scroll down the list on the left when viewing the return and locate the form you are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 11:31 AM, Nawal said:

Go to Employment Expenses, in the "Employment and other Benefits" section in the “Interview Setup”. Then select 

"T777S - Employment expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19 - Temporary flat rate method". Input YES in the first box and the number of days in the second box, it will populate line 22900 on your Tax return

Hi Nawal, 

Thank you on your quick.  Your instruction is correct and I can enter YES and number of days. But, my initial question, I have a second job and I need to enter another  Working at Home Due to COVID-19 - Temporary flat rate method?

Can you try to add two entry  Working at Home Due to COVID-19 - Temporary flat rate method and let me know if you can?

Hi @YruJ, the Temporary flat rate method is based on the number of days worked at home due to the pandemic, not the number of jobs. If you have a signed T2200 or T2200S form from your employer, you can choose the detailed method for the second job or both.

• 3 weeks later...

Crowdsourcing a response to this question. If I basically worked remotely everyday for 2020 once the lockdown occurred in March, how many days should I enter? I suspect 200, correct, to claim the max. $400.00 deduction (i.e., $2.00/day x 200 days).