Français

Can’t auto download from CRA 2021

Tsojung

Installation of the WebView2 Runtime resolved the problem.

To Ufile devs:
Could you please update Ufile error messages to provide more details?
Why do not check that all software components are installed for Ufile running.

• 2 weeks later...

This was happening to me as well - once I went in an retrieved my Netfile access code from my NOA from 2020, it then allowed me to autofill.  The tab beside this said it was new for this year.  Try entering that, this hopefully should resolve your issue.

I also waited now over two weeks without any response other than the robotic inanity . Today I finally found a way to get their attention - by interrupting their facebook presentation repeatedly until the moderator said she would do something. When it was over I received an email promising a refund of my payment. Not the best solution, since I now have to re-enter my basic info with another program (Turbo-tax), but at least - hopefully - I will be able to autofill!

I don't believe they will solve this problem. Such poor service! Good luck to all, I hope you either jump ship or they find something out in time. I, however, am done with this company permanently.

Her I am again, and I see that UFile still hasn't posted an answer ... at least one that anyone can use it would seem.

FYI I bought H&R ( almost double in price - for 2 people - but with a deal from RBC to deduct 20%). However, I ran into the exact problem - couldn't do autofill. However   used the online chat and had a live person to help me within a minute!

Five or ten minutes later (mostly me explaining!) they had the answer. It isn't a program problem, but rather a simple particular computer setting. Within ten minutes I had two autofills done. Great to deal with a knowledgeable company and not one that hasn't the courtesy to do more than a robotic useless reply. I wonder how much of that "couldn't-care-less" attitude comes from the corporate culture of their parent? I made the right decision!

Good luck to all!

• 9 months later...

Hello sheeba elizbeth,

For UFile 2021 / 2022 :

If you cannot download / AFR (AutoFill Return) not responsive. It could be several things:

The government website is very busy - try again later.

• If logging in with “Sign-in Partner login” try “CRA sign-in” (using CRA MyAccount).

• Your antivirus or firewall is preventing the download - temporarily disable to download.

• Could be your Internet Service Provider - then you need to restart the modem (or contact your ISP)

• Check computer time and date and language so the compute can synchronize with the CRA.

• Make sure your account access is up to date.

• If you have Windows 10 or 11, download “Microsoft Edge Webviewer” at the following link (it may not have been bundled in your version): https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?Linkid=2124703

• Use the most recent version of the “Edge” browser (for 2021 + ).

Check EDGE  browser Settings:

1. Type "Internet options" in the Windows search menu.

2. Click "Internet Options".

3. Click on "Advanced" tab.

4. Scroll to the Security section, then check Use TLS 1.2.

5. Click OK, then close Edge. TLS v1.2 is enabled on the next start of Edge.