Français
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ERROR When Review for Fiscal Year 365 days, WON'T FILE....HELP !!!

I am working online as I do every year.

Tried 3 different computers, 3 different browsers, then a chromebook, the the old Internet Explorer...same result every time.

Doing 2017 return. When I click review I get the following message

"The data entered for your business results in a fiscal period of less than 365 days. If this was the first or last year of operation of the business, blank.gifclick here and specify. Otherwise, blank.gifclick here to revise the data for the beginning and end of the fiscal period. Note that UFile will assume a 365-day period ending on December 31 2017 if no dates are entered."

I have it entered from 01-01-2017 to 31-12-2017

I tried 31-12-2016 to 31-12-2017  and  01-01-2017 to 01-01-2018 and get same message or I get two messages that the fiscal period is less than 365 and another error message that says it is more than 365 days.

I am a year behind and need this filed ASAP.....Please Help !!!!

• 1 year later...

Hi Graeme Black, on the T2125 you must enter 01-01-2019 to 31-12-2019 or if it is the first year of operation xx-xx-2019 to 31-12-2019 and tick the box (tick if it is the first year of operation) under "Income, expenses"; otherwise the fiscal period is less than 365 days and you cannot file electronically because it's a restriction for Netfile

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 4:37 PM, Pamela said:

I am having the same issue - the fiscal year is not accepted no matter what dates I input.  Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Hi, I found this thread when having the same issue with my 2020 return. I subsequently found another thread in which the issue was resolved. UFile support advised the user to check whether she had two businesses listed under Self-Employment Income; she checked and there was indeed a second T2125 form. So I looked at my own return, and sure enough, I had accidentally generated a second T2125 form. The "resolve issue" link on the error page only takes you to the first form, so if there is no error there you won't see the problem. I deleted the duplicate form and the error disappeared. I hope this helps somebody.

Same isue trying to complete my 2020 return ... NEED HELP!
I get this error: "fiscal period of less than 365 days":
"The data entered for your business results in a fiscal period of less than 365 days. If this was the first or last year of operation of the business, blank.gifclick here and specify. Otherwise, blank.gifclick here to revise the data for the beginning and end of the fiscal period. Note that UFile will assume a 365-day period ending on December 31 2015 if no dates are entered."
I cannot get UFile to accept the dates. Even though they are the exact same ones I used last year. Start on Jan 1st and end on Dec 31st.
I even tried dozens of different date combinations and NOTHING works. No matter what I am always getting the "fiscal period of less than 365 days" error or the "fiscal period of more than 365 days" error.
On 2/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, Ian C. said:

Hi, I found this thread when having the same issue with my 2020 return. I subsequently found another thread in which the issue was resolved. UFile support advised the user to check whether she had two businesses listed under Self-Employment Income; she checked and there was indeed a second T2125 form. So I looked at my own return, and sure enough, I had accidentally generated a second T2125 form. The "resolve issue" link on the error page only takes you to the first form, so if there is no error there you won't see the problem. I deleted the duplicate form and the error disappeared. I hope this helps somebody.

I don't have any business, and I didn't even generate any T2125 form, the same issue happened. I tried to generate one T2125 form and deleted it to clean up all the self employment activities, it still doesn't work. same error, again and again. Any idea?

Snipaste_2021-03-05_21-59-23.jpg

There is no business. the error "The data entered for your business results in a fiscal period of less than 365 days. If this was the first or last year of operation of the business, blank.gifclick here and specify. Otherwise, blank.gifclick here to revise the data for the beginning and end of the fiscal period. Note that UFile will assume a 365-day period ending on December 31 2019 if no dates are entered." is still there. 

I created a business to give it a try to see whether it will go through. NO,  the error message IS STILL THERE.

Snipaste_2021-03-05_23-18-17.thumb.jpg.10aac1235865950542fe2def93123b66.jpg

On 3/2/2021 at 11:43 AM, SNNOOP said:
Same isue trying to complete my 2020 return ... NEED HELP!
I get this error: "fiscal period of less than 365 days":
"The data entered for your business results in a fiscal period of less than 365 days. If this was the first or last year of operation of the business, blank.gifclick here and specify. Otherwise, blank.gifclick here to revise the data for the beginning and end of the fiscal period. Note that UFile will assume a 365-day period ending on December 31 2015 if no dates are entered."
I cannot get UFile to accept the dates. Even though they are the exact same ones I used last year. Start on Jan 1st and end on Dec 31st.
I even tried dozens of different date combinations and NOTHING works. No matter what I am always getting the "fiscal period of less than 365 days" error or the "fiscal period of more than 365 days" error.

Same issue trying to complete my 2019 return... NEED HELP!

I am completing the 2019 return. The error is: The data entered for your business results in a fiscal period of less than 365 days. If this was the first or last year of operation of the business, click here and specify. Otherwise, click here to revise the data for the beginning and end of the fiscal period. Note that UFile will assume a 365-day period ending on December 31 2019 if no dates are entered.

This must be a software bug

I don't have a T4A.  Nor do I have any business activities.

what happened is, I got this error when I don't have any T2125 business activities.

I tried several different ways 

1.  create a dummy business and tried different combination of dates
  2.  ticked first year operation for the dummy business and used 10 months for fiscical year
  3.  create an business and delete the business
  4.  create two business and deleted two business to ensure system doesn't have self employment portion

No matter what I try, the error is STILL THERE. 

There is no error during the interview process, the error only shown in the "REVIEW" tab

Snipaste_2021-03-06_12-57-15.jpg

Snipaste_2021-03-06_12-58-01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue with fiscal year checked last year return same dates were used  13-06-2020 to 12-06-2021 except of course the year - and I am getting the same error - however when i changed the data to 01-01-2020 to 31-12-2020 that is the only one that works and I am able to see my results 

UFILE Issue 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, Nawal said:

Hi Graeme Black, on the T2125 you must enter 01-01-2019 to 31-12-2019 or if it is the first year of operation xx-xx-2019 to 31-12-2019 and tick the box (tick if it is the first year of operation) under "Income, expenses"; otherwise the fiscal period is less than 365 days and you cannot file electronically because it's a restriction for Netfile

Hey, I'm receiving the same error and I thought it might be that one of my T2125 forms was in it's last year of operations... But checking and unchecking the last year of operations checkbox didn't make a difference.

At this point I'm fed up and ready to move on to a new tax software. Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got this issue fixed??????

Same issue trying to complete my 2020 return ... NEED HELP!
I get this error: "fiscal period of more than 365 days":

I cannot get UFile to accept the dates.   Start on 01-01-2020 and end on 31-12-2020
I even tried dozens of different date combinations and NOTHING works. No matter what I am always getting the "fiscal period of more than 365 days" error or the "fiscal period of more than 365 days" error.

Trying to figure out the error was a waste of time. I gave up.  Finally I deleted the whole tax return and started all over again. Lucky we have this CRA Auto- Fill  my return makes it so much easier to enter the data again.