Français

CRA amended my 2018 return for me...now my ufile récords are not in sync with CRA

Brenda Marie

CRA amended my 2018 return for me due to undeclared income.  They issued a new notice of assessment (tax reasssment).  Great so far.  My concern is that my 2018 ufile récords are now incorrect (ie. carry forwards, CNIL etc.) and thus not sure what i need to do in order to be able to use ufile for 2019 taxes.  Any advice?

Thanks so much for responding  I’m not great with technology.  How do I do that? There were changes to lines 150, 236, 260, 350, 6150, 420, 428, 435, and 482 of my 2018 return.  When  I open up 2019 ufile, i need to be entering 2019 info.  I don’t see how I can enter 2018 info in line  150 for example.?   Thanks for considering my additional question.  This is so darn stressful!

On 4/16/2020 at 10:03 AM, Brenda Marie said:

CRA amended my 2018 return for me due to undeclared income.  They issued a new notice of assessment (tax reasssment).  Great so far.  My concern is that my 2018 ufile récords are now incorrect (ie. carry forwards, CNIL etc.) and thus not sure what i need to do in order to be able to use ufile for 2019 taxes.  Any advice?

If you add the missing income (if it corresponds with an unreported t-slip), the amounts calculated should reflect almost all the changes in the corresponding lines.

8 hours ago, Brenda Marie said:

Ok.  It was a missing T5.  I assume I have to add it to my 2018 ufile,  correct?  What will happen after I make the change?  Will ufile create a new return?  

Correct. Once you add it, check if the tax return executive summary match up with CRA's Notice of assessment. Ufile will automatically recalculate the tax return. If the amounts are off by $1, it will be due to rounding issues.

Ufile might go into REFILE mode, but add the T5 as normal. Just don't REFILE it.

Archived