I have a sole proprietorship (self-employed). That is my only "job". I use exactly one-quarter of my home exclusively as my office. Of course, I claim everything as I am self-employed, not just the "home office" stuff when you have an employer. However, UFile let's you fill in both parts, unfortunately. There is no warning like, "You can't claim utilities under 'Income, expenses' because you already claimed it under 'home office expenses'. So, without such a warning, it makes it seem like you can claim that stuff in both sections, but that feels like it would be double-dipping. This makes a difference of me owing around $100, or getting a refund of around $500, so it's not a moot point.
1. Do I "Heat" under "Home Office Expenses", or "Utilities (Light & Power)" under "Income, expenses"?
2. Do I claim "Insurance" (home) under "Home Office Expenses" or "Income, expenses"?
3. Do I claim "Maintenance and Repair" under HOC or Inc Exp?
4. Do I claim "Telephone" under HOC or Inc Exp?
5. Do I claim "Property Tax" under HOC or Inc Exp?