• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  1. dutd33

    Motor Vehicle Expenses

    I found the answer. For anyone that is wondering, simply keep track of the amount if kilometers you drove for work/business reasons and then enter the total amount you drove for the year (assuming you kept a log for the year) and the program automatically calculates for you. Quite an amazing program!
  2. dutd33

    Line 146 kills tax return

    Does she have any other sources of income like RRIFs or pensions through work etc.? I'm asking because she might be over the limit? https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/line-146-net-federal-supplements.html
  3. dutd33

    Car disposition

    I believe you report it under "Motor Vehicle Expenses" and then under "CCA".
  4. dutd33

    Your RRSP/PRPP deduction limit statement

    Hello, In your 2016 Notice of Assessment, does it indicate that you have unused contributions for 2016? On mine it didn't indicate anything so I didn't answer at all and UFile didn't seem to complain.
  5. dutd33

    Let MaxBack Decide

    OK nevermind I was looking at the wrong section for total refund. My mistake. Have not had coffee yet.
  6. dutd33

    Let MaxBack Decide

    In the section where I claim bus amounts, if I choose "Claim Own Amount" instead of "Let Maxback decide" I get a larger return overall between my wife and I. Is this an error? Should I not trust the option "Let MaxBack decide"?
  7. Did she have any associated expenses? She could claim it for a loss to carry over to next year, like CCA for the car etc.
  8. dutd33

    Is Life insurance deductible?

    Nope. https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/deductible-life-insurance-premiums-285
  9. dutd33

    Medical expenses for older child

    Yes, you can claim for children born in 1998 or later https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/news/newsroom/tax-tips/tax-tips-2016/you-have-medical-expenses-you-may-able-claim-them-on-your-income-tax-benefit-return.html
  10. dutd33

    T1 Adjustment

    Yes you can. Tick off the box during the interview set up. Alternatively you can log into your MyCRA account and do the change there.
  11. dutd33

    Motor Vehicle Expenses

    I've seen this question asked before but I don't seem to be able to find a solid answer. I work at a community centre part-time and I receive a T4A each year. UFile wants me to enter this as a T2125 (Business/Professional Income). Since I drive to the rink I claim mileage. If in regard to fuel costs and insurance premiums etc., do I enter the full amount or just the percentage that I use for this work? For example, only 15% of my total driven kilometers is for this job, so do I enter 15% of my total fuel costs or will the program do that for me automatically? Thank you in advance.