Français

Net capital losses of other years not claimed to offset capital gains on the UFile 2022 return.

GMC-2024

Hello everyone,

I have been with UFile for about 15 years but that's the first time I encountered these intertwined issues:

I NETFILE-d my 2022 tax return and received the NoA. It matched all UFile results.
Nevertheless, when I wanted to fill in the 2023 return I noticed that I omitted to carry forward the 2021 Ufile return to the 2022 file.
Consequently,all data of the previous years were missing on the UFile 2022 return. It did NOT show any "Net capital loss of other years" to apply the capital gains of 2022 against.
Note 1: I had only capital gains but NO capital losses in 2022.

I tried to solve the issue using both the ReFile and CRA (MyA) options. Here are the results:

1. The ReFile option did not work because the 2022 return that I saved does not show that option. A few members of the community posted the same problem and I am aware of the posted suggestions to sort it out . I checked the data and I got the same return results, yet something has changed (new file name ?, date stamp, ?)  but, probably, it cannot be used anymore. I still have the NETFILE confirmation number, though I am not sure if that helps.

2.The CRA-MyAccount option did not work either. I could not find which line had to be revised to claim the net capital losses of previous years. I assume that's because there was no data about those capital losses and hence, nothing to adjust.

Am I missing something here or are there any other (paperless) options available?

Note 2:  the 2023 return has not been filled yet, pending the 2022 return revision outcome.

Thank you for your insights.