Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hello, I am a resident of Quebec and work in Ontario. - I receive a T4 that includes all of my income, deductions, etc. - I receive an RL-1 that includes taxable earnings (employer paid health premiums, membership re-imbursements) and also includes additional voluntary QC taxes that I have withheld from my pay. I am trying to NETFILE but I receive the following error message on my Federal return: "You cannot currently NETFILE your federal return. The total of your PPIP insurable earnings exceeds $2,000 and you have no PPIP premiums (T4 box 55)." I have NETFILED the same situation in the past using UFILE software without errors. In previous years, a workaround was to enter $0.00 in box 55 and it would then allow NETFILE to be submitted. I tried that "trick" this year but still receive the error message that my return can't be NETFILED. Would you be able to help? I was searching the forums and came across the same issue but there was no posted solution: http://community.ufile.ca/index.php?/topic/185-i-got-not-eligibled-to-file-your-federal-return-using-net-file/ Thanks!
  2. Hello, I live in Quebec but work in Ontario and I am encountering the following issue. Ufile provides the following options for entering income: T4 regular – Income earned outside of Qc T4/RL1 – Income earned in Qc for residents of Qc T4/RL1 – Income earned in Qc for residents of other provinces Knowing that Qc taxes are higher, I opted for additional QC tax to be deducted from my paycheque. I received an RL1 slip that only has 3 amounts in boxes: A – Employment Income of $1800 because my medical plan is considered a taxable benefit for Qc tax purposes J – Private Health Plan of $1800 E – Tax deducted of $3000, which the additional tax that I opted for I entered my T4 information using option 1; there were no issues. How should I enter my RL-1 information? None of the options above describe my situation? I chose option #2 to be able to enter RL-1 information. Now I have error messages because my Tax deducted (3000) is higher than my Employment income (1800) and also there’s no deductions for QPP, EI, QPIP, etc and I am unable to perform the usual transfer of 45% federal tax (i.e. ON) to QC. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
  3. Gabriel, Thanks so much for your help. My issue is that I've basically been going in circles on this. I started by doing exactly what you recommended and selected the case "lives in seniors residence". However, I noticed that the UFile software indicated the following: "the following establishment are not senior residences: - a facility maintained by a public institution or (publicly funded) private institution under agreement that operates a hospital centre, a residential and long-term care centre (CHSLD) or a rehabilitation centre". I researched this further and it makes sense given the following information from Revenue Quebec's website. "The tax credit for home-support services for seniors is designed to help you remain in your home instead of moving into an establishment that is part of the public health and social services network". Therefore, since she is not eligible for the home support credit, where should her monthly fee paid to the CHSLD be included? Should I just put the amount in the general "medical expense" field of UFile? Thanks again for your help!
  4. I am using UFile for a senior who lives in a public long-term care residence run by the provincial government (CHSLD). Is the monthly fee/rent paid eligible for a tax credit? If there is not a special tax credit, can the amount just be claimed as a medical expense? Note: The "rent" is just a lump sum amount; it is not broken down by rent, nursing care, food, laundry, etc.
© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...