Français

Temporary flat rate method for WFH deduction in 2020

Eys

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, you need to check Employment Expenses, in the Employment and other Benefits section in the Interview Setup. When you go through the Interview there will now be an Employment Expenses line, from there you choose the top one,

T777S blank.gif- Employment expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19 - Temporary flat rate method

Input YES in the first box and the number of days in the second box, it will populate line 22900 on your Tax return with the MAX of $400 if you have 200 or more days and whatever it calculates out to if you have less than 200 days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 1:14 PM, dogstar38492 said:

While in ufile, on the screen called "Where to enter" - image 1, search for "T777S" and you will get a window showing instructions - image 2. Click on  Employment expenses link in this window, it will bring you to the form - image 3and then you select the appropriate method you will be using. 

where to enter.PNG

where to enter2.PNG

where to enter3.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

I entered the T777S info on Ufile - input YES in the first box and 198 days in the second box. 

Line 22900 on my return was populated with $396. However, only $99 was added to my tax return. Note that I am not owing any taxes. Without the T777S information, my refund is less $99. I have no idea what is going on.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:54 PM, Soni said:

I entered the T777S info on Ufile - input YES in the first box and 198 days in the second box. 

Line 22900 on my return was populated with $396. However, only $99 was added to my tax return. Note that I am not owing any taxes. Without the T777S information, my refund is less $99. I have no idea what is going on.

The WFH credit does not provide you with a refund of up to $400, rather it reduces your income by up to $400 ($396 in your case).  So the refund associated with it will be $396 times your marginal tax rate.  It would appear your marginal tax rate is about 25% based on the $99 impact.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived