Jump to content

Disability Tax Credit from my mother to me ( her son)


Recommended Posts

Hi ketan, Please enter all the information related to the disability and follow the steps below:

The dependant must be added to your tax file:

1. In the file of the dependant, on the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Medical and disability".

2. On the screen to the right, click on the plus "+" sign icon to the right of the line "Infirmity and disability amount for the dependant" and enter the required information.

3. Go back to the "Medical and disability" and on the screen to the right, click on the plus "+" sign icon to the right of the line "Canada caregiver amount to claim for this dependant (line 30450) / Quebec Schedule H - Eligibility and dates of the qualifying period for this dependant (Quebec line 462) "

4. If the dependant does not reside with you, on the page titled "Caregiver amount", on the line "Who should claim the natural caregiver amount for this dependant?", select 'Do not claim'' in the drop-down menu to the right. If you are a resident of Quebec, complete the same section for Quebec at the bottom of the page.

The program will claim the amount (if required) for the disabled person on line 31600 of federal tax return of the dependant, and the unused amount will be reported on line 31800 of your federal tax return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...