Français

CPP Contribution Exemption

Fibrelady

I still work part-time and have done for all of the 15+ years since I retired and started collecting my CPP and OAP.  I don't recall getting a UFile warning last year that I need to put my contributions in, and it wasn't a problem.  Why am I getting the warning this year and what can I do?

Hello Fibrelady. Now it is usually considered that one should never ask a lady her age, but in this situation the problem may be that you have turned 70 and could no longer contribute to the CPP. The T4 you received from working I suspect shows no CPP contributions and there is a zero in the Box 26 for CPP pensionable income. Could that be the case? If so you will need to complete the pension Box 26 with a zero.

You are right and thank you for being generous with my age 😉  I see 80 on my horizon and am amazed sometimes that I am still working!  My T4 shows all my income in box 26 as pensionable earnings.  It did last year as well but it didn't trigger that warning in UFile.  However, I didn't earn as much last year, maybe there is a cut off point????

• 3 weeks later...

I am unable to get rid of this error message,,,,person is 67..still working full time and making CPP contributions,,  I have another the questions NO  - not wanting to stop,,

Last year someone fromUfile finally called and figured it out

This is the error

Archived