Français

Can't find Ufile .u19 data file on my computer

MDS

I was going to carry forward my tax info for tax year 2019 from my Ufile 2019 data file so I can do this year's (2020) tax returns and the 2019 file is nowhere to be found on my computer.

I've got U14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 on my computer but no U19 ?

I did do a complete re-install of my computer after a crash a while back but considering that my other years' Ufile data files are still there I have no idea what happened to the 2019 version of the Ufile .u19 data file. To be honest I don't even know if the .u19 data file was even created when I filed my income tax last year.

Anyone have any ideas? Or should I just start a fresh Ufile without using the carry forward feature, which is a pain but obviously do-able.

Thanks in advance for any replies to this. I'm curious if I'm the only one it's happened to.  

Good news.

It turned out that when I re-installed all the programs, etc. I had on my pc after resetting it I didn't re-install Ufile 2019 (which I now know is a program not a file).

I checked my external hard drive that I backed up my files to before doing the reset and there was the Ufile 2019 program. I copied it back to my pc and after opening Ufile 2020 I seamlessly carry forwarded all my 2019 information to the 2020 program. All is good.

So there you have it. My mystery solved!

Archived