Français

T4A(OAS) question

Drgl

Hi,

I am filling the tax form on behalf of my mother in law and I cannot submit electronically because of the message below:

You were age 65 or over on December 31, 2020, and had not received old age security pension - T4A(OAS). CRA need a Confirmation that no old age security pension (T4A(OAS)) was received in 2020. Click here to fix and select Confirmation - You did not received old age security pension.

I don't see where I can select "Confirmation. Please help.

Thank you,

Dragos.

Hello Drgl. Go to the Interview tab then click on "Interview setup" in the index list. Look to the right and look for "Pension". Tick the box. From there look back at the Index listing on the left and look for "T4A and pension income". Click on that and to the right you will see in the "Pension income" group a Confirmation schedule, add it and you should be ok once its completed.

• 2 weeks later...

hi @TheTaxSmith, following up on this question.

i'm doing it for my mom and she didnt receive "T4A(OAS) - Old age security pension income" , so i didnt select Pension, still Ufile doesnt allow me to file electronically. even after selecting "Pension" without adding any "T4A(OAS) - Old age security pension income" page, still the same error

"You were age 65 or over on December 31, 2020, and had not received old age security pension - T4A(OAS). CRA need a Confirmation that no old age security pension (T4A(OAS)) was received in 2020. Click here to fix and select Confirmation - You did not received old age security pension."

can you please help?

thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

i am having same problem. there is nowhere to click confirmation  I did what Taxsmith said but still nothing

there is “is this an amended slip” with two options  that doesnt let me click on anything

so frustrated  

I did CRA fillin so you would think that would suffice

thanks FINALLY FOUND IT

• 1 year later...

i am having same problem. there is nowhere to click confirmation  I did what Taxsmith said but still nothing

there is “is this an amended slip” with two options  that doesnt let me click on anything

Can someone please help me?

Go to the Interview tab then click on "Interview setup" in the index list. Look to the right and look for "Pension". Tick the box. From there look back at the Index listing on the left and look for "T4A and pension income". Click on that and to the right you will see in the "Pension income" group a Confirmation schedule, add it and you should be ok once its completed. You need to respond to the question after clicking on "Confirmation" and indicate that she did not receive the OAS.