Français

How can I help my daughter get the canada workers benefit supplement for the year 2018

thankyou

Hello thankyou.

The CWB has certain eligibility criteria and perhaps your daughter does not meet the criteria. For instance many students will not be eligible based on the number of weeks in university. Having an income will not necessarily qualify an individual. Take a look at the following link for some detail on eligibility.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/witb-eligibility.html#eligibledependant

she is not a student and its the Canada workers benefit disability supplement which is different that the CWB, what i was told by the CRA  is that in theory she should be eligible , she should make more that 1.2k but when i do it in the software it just does not work

thank you for everything 

Hello thankyou.

I suspect there is something else entered that is causing the Schedule 6 to not complete. Running through the Schedule manually indicates there would a claim of $101.77 but I don't have all the information from your dependant's file. Try looking at the actual Schedule 6 here   https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/cra-arc/formspubs/pbg/5000-s6/5000-s6-20e.pdf

I did contact support no answer yet, I did ask to speak to a supervisor regarding this , and the lady did not pass me a supervisor I spent like 3 hours combined on hold and talking to ufile still no solution that's when I decided to post in the forum since I just didn't know what else to do , @Thetaxsmith if you could tell me how to fill in this manually I would appreciate it thank you 

Hi thankyou. Print out the form from the link I sent you and work through it first. Make sure you enter all income if there is any other. Also check how you have entered your dependant's information with respect to the disability and who is claiming what and how it's been claimed.

18 hours ago, TheTaxSmith said:

Hi thankyou. Print out the form from the link I sent you and work through it first. Make sure you enter all income if there is any other. Also check how you have entered your dependant's information with respect to the disability and who is claiming what and how it's been claimed.

like what exactly do i put in what lines her only income was  1541,43, the tax clinic entered it in line 130 i don't know if this is why the schedule is not being generated

Hi @thankyou.

If the income was from working (as you mentioned) and is self-employed income (independant worker as you mentioned) then you should have completed a T2125 business income statement. That would carry the $1,541.43 to line 135 on the 2018 tax return. Once there schedule 6 should get generated.

However if the income was not from working and is not earned income then as Nawal stated there would be no eligibility for the CWB or the supplement.

Hi thankyou.

You will have to revise the 2018 tax returns to correct it if the return has already been filed and assessed. Here is a link to an adjustment form  https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/forms/t1-adj.html

You will also have to complete Schedule 6 and send it with the T1-ADJ

If however the return has not been filed you just need to correct it. Maybe ask that tax clinic to correct everything.

Archived