Jump to content

NR4 (T1159)


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

Hi @Edwin L,  You receive old age security pension income from the Canadian government. However, you are a non-resident of Canada.

You have received a T4A (OAS) slip indicating the income received from Canada.

To declare this income in Canada, follow the procedure below:

1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2- On the right-hand side of the screen, check the box for "Immigrant, emigrant, non-resident taxpayer, you are a Canadian resident and your spouse immigrated to Canada in the year".

3- Also, go to the "Pension" group, check the box "Pension income, other income and split pension income (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032) " and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

4- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and choose the item "Immigrant, emigrant, non-resident".

5- On the screen to your right, choose the line "You were a non-resident of Canada for all of 2020 and you are making an election under s. 217 of the Income Tax Act".

6- On the page that appears, enter the details of your situation.

7- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Pension income, T4A, split pension".

8- On the screen to your right, choose "T4A(OAS) - Old age security pension income" and enter the amounts in the corresponding fields.

The program will generate Schedule C, "Electing under Section 217 of the Income Tax Act", and Form T1136.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...