Jump to content

Box 198 on my T4A


Recommended Posts

Hi @Gayah, If you have received amounts related to the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB), these amounts will be entered on the T4A slip in either of boxes 197, 198 and 199. For Quebec residents, you received a RL- 1 slip, with an amount of box O-6.

1 - To enter this amount, go to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Interview setup" section.

2 - On the screen to your right, go to the "Pension" group, check the box "Pension income, other income and spilt pension income (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032)" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3 - Go back to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab " and select "T4A and Pension Income" and on the page to the right, click on the sign plus "+" icon to the right of the line "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity and other income?".

4 - On the page that appears, go to the line "Other information (click on the triangle to see the list of choices)".

5 - For the CERB choose the choice " (197) Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)". This amount will be deferred to line 13000 of the federal declaration and for Quebec residents to line 154.

6 - For the CESB choose the choice " (198) Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CSB)" This amount will be deferred to line 13000 of the federal declaration and for Quebec residents to line 154 and code 16 will be entered on line 153.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...