Jump to content

Amend 2019 taxes for selling my principal residence


Recommended Posts

If your former Ontario residence was designated as your principal residence, since the date that you acquired it, then no capital gains would have appeared on your 2019 return, so there are no taxation issues and therefore no need for amendment. It would be wise to inform the CRA, of your new principal residence in Newfoundland. You can simply write a letter indicating the date of change of address and snail mail it to the CRA or better still,  upload the document to your CRA My Account workspace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...